BJP clears 115 names for Madhya Pradesh assembly pollsNovember 1st, 2008 - 12:45 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 31 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Friday released its first list of 115 candidates for next month’s assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh, where it is in power, naming 14 ministers and 49 other sitting legislators.The list was cleared at a meeting of the BJP’s Central Election Committee chaired by party president Rajnath Singh.
The list, however, does not contain the name of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The ministers named in the list are Jayant Malaya (Damoh), Kusum Mahadale (Panna), Ramakant Tiwari (Teothar), Nagendra Singh (Gurh), Gaurishankar Sejwar (Sanchi), Karan Singh Verma (Eechawar), Tukojirao Pawar (Dewas), Deepak Joshi (Hatpipilia), Vijay Shah (Harsood), Antar Singh Arya (Senghwa), Nirmala Bhuriya (Petlawad), Ranjana Baghel (Manawar), Himat Kothari (Ratlam Nagar) and Jagdish Deora (Malhargarh).
The list also features seven women.
Apart from Mahadale and Baghel, they are Meena Singh (Manpur), Pratibha Singh (Bargi), Nandini Marawi (Sehore), Shashi Thakur (Lakhnadaon) and Gita Ramjilal Udke (Ghodadongari).
Elections to the 231-member assembly will be held Nov 27.
The BJP also cleared the name of Pandurang Sawant for the Lok Sabha by-election from Goa’s Paolo constituency.
- Poll panel urged to act against minister who slapped tribal - Apr 21, 2009
- Madhya Pradesh minister booked for slapping tribal woman - Apr 18, 2009
- Congress moves court against Chhattisgarh CM - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress, BJP spat over Madhya Pradesh minister slapping tribal - Apr 19, 2009
- Chhattisgarh cabinet reshuffled (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- BJP members walk out of 2G parliamentary committee - Aug 22, 2012
- BJP wins one seat in Madhya Pradesh by-polls - Feb 17, 2011
- Court reserves decision in legislators' case - Dec 17, 2010
- Korku dialect is more than a linguistic identity for many - Feb 06, 2011
- Tribal leader rejoins BJP, calls Congress feudal - Nov 05, 2008
- BJP win both seats in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Dynasty rules in Madhya Pradesh by-polls - Jan 31, 2011
- Chhattisgarh minister faces flak over Maoist links - Mar 04, 2010
- Citing Japan, Indian villagers oppose nuclear plant - Apr 07, 2011
- BJP members walk out of 2G JPC (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012