BJP claim on Ram temple another lie: Congress (Lead)February 7th, 2009 - 4:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 7 (IANS) The Congress Saturday dismissed the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) claim that it would definitely build a Ram temple at Ayodhya, saying the BJP “doesn’t intend to keep its promise” like its earlier pronouncements.Congress leader Tom Vadakkan, in charge of the party’s media cell, described as “yet another lie” BJP chief Rajnath Singh’s statement in Nagpur that the party was looking for an opportunity to build the Ram temple.
“We have seen it happen earlier. It is yet again a lie,” Vadakkan said reacting to the BJP president’s statement.
“The BJP doesn’t intend to build a temple. They are doing an injustice to the name of Ram, to the cause of Hinduism. They don’t intend to keep their promise. The people will give a fitting reply (during the upcoming Lok Sabha elections),” Vadakkan said.
Rajnath Singh, addressing the party national council meeting on the second day of the party conclave at Nagpur, said that building a temple to Lord Ram was the party’s “nishtha and aastha (vow and aspiration)” and they were looking for an opportunity to build the temple at Ayodhya, where fundamentalists demolished the Babri masjid in December 1992.
Singh said no “mai ka lal (no one on earth)” could come in the way of the party’s vow to build a Ram temple.
- BJP promises Ram temple again, Congress calls it a lie (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2009
- We are determined to build Ram temple: BJP - Feb 07, 2009
- BJP is not a temple construction company: Naqvi - Mar 21, 2009
- BJP manifesto is against minority reservation; for Ram temple - Jan 27, 2012
- BJP again takes Ayodhya issue to high pitch - Sep 05, 2010
- Advani rakes up Ram temple issue - Sep 09, 2012
- BJP: hypocrisy of the holier-than-thou (Comment) - Jan 07, 2012
- BJP revives Ram Temple issue at Nagpur conclave - Feb 08, 2009
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- 'BJP challenging constitutional provisions on Babri Masjid issue' - Feb 09, 2009
- 'Mulayam Singh must seek pardon for Ayodhya comments' - Oct 02, 2010
- Ayodhya verdict opens a new chapter for national integration: BJP - Sep 30, 2010
- Judicial delays to blame for failure to resolve Ayodhya dispute: BJP - Sep 24, 2010
- BJP to make fresh assessment of Kashmir situation - May 28, 2012
- Parliament to continue Liberhan Report discussion - Dec 08, 2009