BJP Chhattisgarh chief, speaker, four ministers lose pollsDecember 8th, 2008 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Dec 8 (IANS) Chhattisgarh’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state president Vishnudeo Sai, assembly Speaker Premprakash Pandey and four of the 13-member council of ministers lost polls though the party Monday retained power in a 90-member assembly. Sai lost Pathalgaon seat to Congress candidate and former minister Rampukar Singh while another shocker for the party came in from Kurud seat in Dhamtari district where senior minister Ajay Chandrakar, who held Panchayat portfolio, lost the election.
Food Minister Satyanand Rathia lost from Lailunga seat in Raigarh district while Agriculture Minister Megharam Sahu lost Sakti seat.
BJP’s senior tribal leader and tribal welfare minister Ganeshram Bhagat was humiliated at Sitapur seat by Congress candidate Amarjeet Bhagat.
Speaker Pandey suffered defeat at Bhilai Nagar seat to Congress candidate and former minister Badruddin Qureshi.
- Campaigning ends for first phase of Chhattisgarh polls - Nov 12, 2008
- Chhattisgarh set for elections amid Maoist threats - Nov 13, 2008
- Chhattisgarh set for polls amid Maoist threat (Lead) - Nov 13, 2008
- Congress ignores Jogi for Chhattisgarh legislature party leader - Dec 18, 2008
- Defamation case filed against union minister in Chhattisgarh - Mar 03, 2009
- President should be from tribal community: Sangma - May 17, 2012
- Chhattisgarh tribal legislators lobby for cabinet berths - Dec 17, 2008
- Chhattisgarh BJP leaders lobbying for Rajya Sabha berth - Jun 18, 2009
- Chhattisgarh's tribal leaders support Sangma for president - May 22, 2012
- Mata Prasad Pandey elected UP assembly speaker - Apr 13, 2012
- Bastar records 40 percent polling amid Maoist blasts, firing (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Campaigning ends for second phase polls in Chhattisgarh - Nov 18, 2008
- No leader of opposition for Assam? - May 14, 2011
- Tribal group wants tribal CM in Chhattisgarh - Aug 27, 2012
- Tribal Forum of India to float new party: Sangma - Jul 31, 2012