BJP announces 43 more candidates for Rajasthan pollsNovember 13th, 2008 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 13 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Thursday released its second list of 43 candidates for the Dec 4 Rajasthan assembly elections, dropping a dozen sitting legislators.The dropped legislators include two ministers Babulal Verma and Bhawani Joshi. The party has given tickets to 20 new young faces, and the list includes nine women.
Earlier, the BJP had announced 94 candidates. Rajasthan assembly has 200 seats.
While the party is in the process of finalising the remaining candidates, it has struck an alliance with the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) on four seats.
BJP leader in-charge of Rajasthan affairs Gopinath Munde and JD-U’s K.C. Tyagi told reporters here they had decided to contest on four seats together. “We will together ask the people to give one more opportunity to the BJP to work for the state,” Munde said.
- BJP undecided over Jharkand by-poll pact - Nov 14, 2011
- BJP's alliance partners in Jharkhand to support Pranab - Jul 17, 2012
- NDA allies together on coal scam: Sharad Yadav - Aug 30, 2012
- Rajya Sabha poll: BJP says Munda government safe - May 02, 2012
- Sad that Ahluwalia lost: BJP - May 03, 2012
- BJP backs JMM in bypoll, JD-U miffed - Nov 21, 2011
- JD-U to go solo in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 05, 2012
- Nitish Kumar elected head of NDA legislature party (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- JD-U, Trinamool yet to reach accord in UP - Jan 27, 2012
- Sangma seeks support in Bihar - Jul 14, 2012
- BJP will not encourage desertions from JD-U in Bihar: Modi - Jul 10, 2012
- BJP, JD-U set for divorce in Uttar Pradesh? - Dec 29, 2011
- Nitish, Modi don't vote - Jul 19, 2012
- LJP legislator denies joining Bihar's ruling JD-U - Aug 13, 2011
- Ticket delay worries thousands of Bihar poll aspirants - Sep 25, 2010