BJP admits Rajnath-Jaitley riftMarch 15th, 2009 - 12:32 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Bangalore, March 14 (IANS) Admitting to differences between Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh and general secretary Arun Jaitley, the party Saturday conceded that the controversy coming out in the open would not be good for it.
“Any rift coming out in the open is not good for the party,” senior BJP leader M. Venkaiah Naidu told reporters in Bangalore.
Naidu said issues raised by Jaitley were being sorted out.
Jaitley, in charge of the party’s Lok Sabha election campaign, is reportedly miffed over Singh’s move to appoint Sudhanshu Mittal as in-charge of the poll campaign in Assam and joint in-charge of campaign in the northeast.
Jaitley skipped a meeting of the party’s central election committee in Delhi Friday.
He also arrived late at the party’s ‘IT vision document’ launch function attended by senior leaders L.K. Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Jaswant Singh and Arun Shourie here Saturday.
Mittal clarified there were no differences between him and Jaitley.
“If I made any mistake, I would apologise. I don’t think anything is wrong between me and Jaitley,” Mittal told reporters here.
“My appointment in the northeastern states is because of the work I have done there,” Mittal maintained.
- Jaitley again skips crucial BJP meeting - Mar 17, 2009
- Miffed Jaitley skips key BJP's poll panel meeting - Mar 13, 2009
- Jaitley skips election meeting again, BJP rift in the open (Lead) - Mar 17, 2009
- No rift within party, says Advani but Jaitley remains miffed - Mar 16, 2009
- Meet to pick Yeddyurappa's successor put off indefinitely (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- Bihari Babu to boycott BJP's Bihar Swabhiman rally - Jun 13, 2010
- Miffed Jaitley skips BJP poll panel meeting (Lead) - Mar 13, 2009
- Gadkari intervenes in Reddy brothers' row, says all ministers unanimous choice - May 28, 2011
- 'Explosive' mining report seems to 'implode' Karnataka BJP (Karnataka Newsletter) - Jul 29, 2011
- Jaitley continues to skip BJP meetings in protest of Mittal''s appointment - Mar 17, 2009
- Quit now or face expulsion, BJP tells Yeddyurappa (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2011
- BJP promises to use IT for change if voted to power - Mar 14, 2009
- BJP denies irate Yeddyurappa smashed laptop - Aug 02, 2011
- Arun Jaitley attends poll meet at Rajnath Singh house - Mar 19, 2009
- BJP to decide Yeddyurappa's fate within two days - Nov 19, 2010