BJP accuses Ghaziabad administration of favouring SPJuly 2nd, 2012 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 2 (IANS) The BJP Monday accused the Ghaziabad district administration of acting as a catalyst for the ruling Samajwadi Party in the July 4 city municipal polls . The party is locked in a straight fight with the SP for the mayor’s seat.
The Bhartiya Janata Party alleged the district administration is ignoring poll violations by the ruling party. He charged that the SP workers have displayed hoardings on electric and telephone poles in support of their candidate, Sudhan Rawat, but the administration has not taken any action.
The BJP state president Laxmi Kant Vajpayee while talking to IANS said that he had apprised state election officer, S.K. Agrawal, who had assured him that an appropriate action would be taken against the erring officers.
District Magistrate Aparna Upadhyay dismissed the allegations and said no such complaint reached her office.
The polls will be held on July 4 for 222 wards in 8 municipal bodies of the district. The 453 poling centres under 33 zones had been equipped with 15,000 strong police force. The 158 centres have been identified hyper sensitive while 129 centres have been identified sensitive, officials said.
The observer Dinesh, Kumar has been camping in the city and is available on his mobile number 09718193948. Anybody can contact him for any problem, the DM said.
The present seat of mayor is being held by the BJP. The party and its candidate Teluram Kamboj are trying hard to retain the seat.
On the other side SP supported candidate Rawat has stepped up efforts to win the seat. The Bahujan Samaj Party and the Congress are also in the fray.
The authorities have assured free and fair polls.
- 43 percent turnout in Ghaziabad civic polls - Jul 05, 2012
- BJP adds Ghaziabad mayor's seat to its kitty - Jul 08, 2012
- BJP workers protest irregularities in Ghaziabad municipal polls - Jul 07, 2012
- Elaborate security for Agra municipal polls - Jun 27, 2012
- Ghaziabad traders protest police inaction, shut shops - Aug 11, 2012
- Major gains for BJP in UP urban body polls - Jul 07, 2012
- BJP retains Lucknow's mayor seat - Jul 07, 2012
- BJP retains Agra mayoral seat - Jul 07, 2012
- Polling gets off to brisk start in UP's second phase (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- BJP sweeps corporation polls in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Out of home, into limelight for MCD's women candidates - Apr 13, 2012
- After urban wins, BJP upbeat in UP - Jul 18, 2012
- High voter turnout in sixth phase too (Evening Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Municipal elections in Lucknow Saturday - Jun 22, 2012
- Agra mayor quits BJP, joins SP - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: agrawal, allegations, bahujan samaj party, bhartiya janata party, bjp, catalyst, district administration, district magistrate, election officer, july 4, kant, laxmi, mobile number, municipal bodies, rawat, ruling party, state election, state president, vajpayee, wards