Birla Tyres to shut down Orissa unit once againJanuary 16th, 2009 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 16 (IANS) Birla Tyres, a unit of the BK Birla group company Kesoram Industries, will shut down its Orissa plant once again on account of falling sales, a company official said Friday.”We will shut down the plant from January 19 to January 31 because of falling demand,” a senior official at the unit told IANS on condition of anonymity because he is not authorised to speak to the media.
“The company has already notified the decision to employees,” he added.
The unit had shut down operations for 15 days last month because of the same reason.
The Birla Tyres unit, which was set up to manufacture automobile tyres, tubes and flaps in Balasore district, some 200 km from here, started commercial production in March 1992.
According to the company, the unit has an installed capacity of 1.50 million tyres, tubes and flaps per year. Approximately, 30 percent of its production is exported to 43 countries.
- Birla Tyres shuts down Orissa unit - Jan 19, 2009
- Birla Tyres to shut down Orissa unit third time - Feb 06, 2009
- Birla Tyres shuts production in Orissa unit again - Feb 17, 2009
- Birla Tyres resumes production at Orissa plant - Mar 02, 2009
- Workers protest Birla Tyres factory shutdown - Jan 20, 2009
- Birla Tyres shuts down Orissa unit (Lead) - Dec 17, 2008
- Lockout at Birla Tyres' Balasore unit - Jul 16, 2010
- Birla tyres undecided on commissioning Odisha unit - Jul 11, 2012
- Kesoram Industries to invest Rs.1,125 crore - Jul 01, 2010
- 'Kumar Mangalam will take charge of Kesoram when required' - Jul 05, 2011
- Kesoram plans to invest Rs.2,000 crore in 15 months (Lead) - Jun 26, 2009
- Kesoram Industries posts net profit of Rs.36.83 crore - Jan 28, 2010
- Kumar Mangalam to head Kesoram after B.K. Birla - Jun 26, 2009
- Kesoram posts Rs.26 crore profit in Q4 - Apr 28, 2010
- Japanese steelmaker to build plant in central Mexico - Aug 08, 2012