Bipasha’s sudden exit from Kashmir baffles ‘Lamhaa’ unitNovember 10th, 2008 - 12:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 10 (IANS) “Chaotic” is how producer Bunty Walia describes the situation at Kashmir after Bipasha Basu’s abrupt departure, just hours before Sanjay Dutt landed in Srinagar to start shooting with her for “Lamhaa”.”We can’t understand what happened, and why she left suddenly when Friday onwards things were going smoothly. I also can’t understand how she managed to get back to the hotel from the location in Anantnag, pack all her luggage and leave in 15 minutes. But we’re sure she had her reasons. And we’re fully convinced she’ll join us in Manali where we’re now going to shoot the action scenes,” Walia told IANS.
On Wednesday, a mob surrounded the unit filming a scene with Bipasha, who plays the role of a Kashmiri girl. They wanted the film’s shooting to be stopped. Though the situation improved Friday, Bipasha left Saturday. The cast and crew of “Lamhaa” seemed crushed by her departure.
“They don’t know what hit them. The morale in our unit is pretty low. Sanjay Dutt, who landed here to start work immediately, is suddenly at a loose end. He’s taking an impromptu holiday right now,” Wallia said.
The film is being directed by Rahul Dholakia and the unit now plans to move to Manali from Srinagar where the topography is similar.
“We’re going to shoot only the action scenes there,” said Dholakia. “We don’t know what happened with Bipasha because she has told us nothing. She seemed fine in the morning. Suddenly we heard she had left. I suppose a film on the making of ‘Lamhaa’ would be as interesting as the film itself, though we’ve no footage of Bipasha leaving Srinagar.”
The unit plans to return to Srinagar Jan 4-11 to shoot vital scenes after the main shooting happens on a set in Film City in Mumbai.
“I’m sure Bipasha would return to Srinagar in January and complete the unfinished work,” Walia said.
Meanwhile Sanjay left for Delhi and will be proceeding to shoot in Manali Nov 12.
- Sanjay, Bipasha And Dholakia To Start NGO For Kashmiri Kids - Jul 24, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' is about the turmoil in Kashmir Valley (IANS Preview) - Jul 12, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' happened after I spoke to Kashmiri students: Dholakia - Jun 28, 2010
- Jammu and Kashmir wants 'Lamhaa' crew back - Nov 27, 2008
- Bollywood Film Lamhaa Banned In Middle East - Jul 15, 2010
- Not mocking Aishwarya Rai in 'Lamhaa': filmmakers - Jul 12, 2010
- Govt. Clears The Release Of Lamhaa - Jul 01, 2010
- Dholakia's 'Lamhaa', a restrained, thought-provoking docu-drama (IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating: *** and half) - Jul 17, 2010
- Dholakia to take Kashimiris to Jammu to watch 'Lamhaa' - Jul 20, 2010
- No More Fluff Stuff: Bipasha Basu Tackles More Traumatic Roles - Aug 04, 2010
- Movie Review: Lamhaa(2010) - Jul 19, 2010
- No more glamour fluff for Bipasha Basu - Aug 05, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' screening problematic in Kashmir - May 20, 2010
- Bipasha To Shoot Her Fitness Video In Goa - Aug 30, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' banned in Middel East: Bunty Walia - Jul 14, 2010