Bikers snatch IANS journalist’s gold chainMarch 25th, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 25 (IANS) Two men on a motorcycle snatched a gold chain from an IANS journalist near her office in Green Park in south Delhi Friday afternoon.
Senior Correspondent Prathiba Raju was walking to the office from the Green Park Metro station when a motorcycle cruised by and the man on the pillion snatched her ‘mangal sutra’.
In no time, the motorcyclists sped away, even as the journalist gave chase on foot.
“I ran behind the speeding motorcycle shouting for help. But no one, not even the policemen at the nearby picket, responded,” Raju said. The police picket is located barely 50 metres from where the incident occurred.
Raju said the snatchers wore T-shirts and had black helmets. A complaint has been lodged at the Safdarjung Enclave police station.
Witnesses later said that many cases of chain snatching have occurred on the same road.
- Delhi's bike-borne chain snatchers - targeting the vulnerable - Mar 30, 2011
- Helmets must for bikers, pillion riders: Transport minister (Goa Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- Woman loses chain, dies of shock - Aug 08, 2012
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Snatching victim dies in Chandigarh - Jul 16, 2011
- Rs.3 lakh snatched from woman in Ghaziabad - Jun 08, 2012
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Man pursuing chain-snatchers shot - Jun 12, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Two held for snatching cop's chain - Aug 29, 2011
- Helmets to be made mandatory for women in Delhi - Apr 25, 2012
- Three Pakistani cops snatch cash, suspended - Mar 24, 2012
- Most of murders cannot be prevented: Delhi Police chief - Jul 26, 2012
- Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrested - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: bikers, chase, correspondent, friday afternoon, gold chain, green park, helmets, journalist, mangal sutra, march 25, metro station, motorcyclists, New Delhi, pillion, police station, policemen, safdarjung enclave, south delhi, speeding motorcycle, two men