Bikers shoot contractor, loot Rs.439,000July 26th, 2008 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
Noida, July 25 (IANS) Two unidentified motorcycle-borne assailants shot a labour contractor here and made off with his bag containing Rs.439,000, police said. The incident occurred at 2.30 p.m. at the DLF Crossing at Sector 63, Superintendent of Police (City) Ashok Tripathi said.
The contractor, identified as Rakesh, had withdrawn the money from two banks to pay off labourers in Sector 63, which comes under Sector 58 police station. He was riding pillion on a cycle, while his partner Abul Hassan was pedalling when the assailants shot at them and fled with the bag containing the money, Tripathi said.
Rajesh was wounded and he was rushed to hospital. Passers-by called the police and Hassan lodged a complaint, the official added.
- Man shot at, thrown off flyover by robbers - Jan 10, 2011
- Rs.1 lakh snatched from 75-year-old - Jun 17, 2011
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- Two jewellers shot dead, traders on rampage in Faizabad - Aug 03, 2011
- Man shot dead resisting robbery - Feb 01, 2011
- Doctor shot dead in Lucknow - Oct 27, 2010
- Man shot dead for resisting robbery bid - May 10, 2010
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Businessman killed in Delhi - Oct 21, 2011
- Two folk singers killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 09, 2012
- Contractor robbed of Rs.4 lakh in Greater Noida - Jun 08, 2010
- BJP leader, brother shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 03, 2011
- Man robbed off Rs.400,000 in Noida - Feb 10, 2010
- Man looted of Rs.3.5 lakh, killed in Gujarat - Feb 01, 2010