Bikers crush two people in DelhiMarch 22nd, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 22 (IANS) An 80-year-old man and a handicapped beggar were killed by speeding mobike-riders in separate incidents here, police said Tuesday.
In the first case, a speeding biker crushed the elderly man near the Delhi Police Women’s cell office in Nand Nagri area of east Delhi Sunday evening, police said.
Dhani Ram, a resident of A-block area of Nand Nagri, went for a stroll during late evening when he was hit by the bike.
“Ram was rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries Tuesday morning,” a senior police officer said.
The biker was arrested Sunday and the vehicle was impounded.
“A case has been registered and the body of Ram has been sent for post-mortem,” the police officer added.
In the second incident, an unidentified 35-year-old handicapped beggar was crushed to death by a bike in New Usmanpur area in east Delhi Monday night.
Aamir Shawkat, 20, hit the beggar, who was on his tricycle, near Northern India Engineering College.
“The beggar was rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, where he was declared brought dead,” the police officer said.
Aamir was apprehended and his bike was impounded.
“A case has been registered and we are trying to establish the identity of the beggar,” the police officer added.
- Man crushed under police bus in Delhi - May 11, 2012
- Teenager raped in Delhi - Apr 14, 2011
- Delhi cop killed in accident - Jun 29, 2012
- Woman crushed to death - Jan 17, 2011
- Woman dies of burns, father alleges dowry death - Jan 28, 2011
- 86 rogue bikers penalised in Delhi - May 14, 2012
- Delhi blaze toll at 16 - Nov 22, 2011
- Priest held for raping schoolgirl - May 20, 2011
- Mother-daughter killed in Delhi accident - Jun 17, 2011
- Mother, daughter killed by speeding car (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Sheila Dikshit meets Delhi fire victims - Nov 21, 2011
- Man pursuing chain-snatchers shot - Jun 12, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi accident - Dec 22, 2011
- Businessman shot dead in Delhi - May 09, 2012
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: beggar, bikers, delhi police, east delhi, elderly man, engineering college, guru teg, india engineering, late evening, monday night, New Delhi, northern india, old man, police officer, police women, post mortem, shawkat, sunday evening, tricycle, tuesday morning