Biker gang leader Bunty’s autopsy conductedAugust 26th, 2008 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 26(IANS) The post-mortem examinations of biker gang leader Om Prakash alias Bunty and Rajesh alias Panni, who were shot dead by a Delhi Police team Monday, was conducted Tuesday at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, the police said.”The post-mortem examinations were conducted after their family members identified the bodies. The report has confirmed that they suffered gunshots,” said an official source. Their cremation was conducted Tuesday.
Éarlier, Bunty’s family had refused to identify his body stating that they had already disowned him.
His family members said Monday that Bunty was a criminal and the family will not claim the body of a criminal who killed people in the national capital.
Bunty and Rajesh were on the run after three gang members were arrested July 31. Each carried a reward of Rs.50,000 on his head, the police said.
The biker gang first made news July 5 when its members gunned down property dealer Sonu, 25, outside his Sangam Vihar residence. That day, they also shot at a man and robbed his Pulsar bike in the same area.
The gang robbed the owner of a TV showroom in the Kalkaji area of south Delhi and the customers during daylight the next day. The same day they robbed another motorbike from Defence Colony area of south Delhi at gunpoint.
On July 11, the gang killed two friends - Ashneet Singh, 24, and Harjeet Singh, 26 - in Amar Colony near Lajpat Nagar, again in south Delhi. Barely a few minutes later, they shot dead Sanjeev Suri, 30, near the Andrews Ganj crossing when one of the motorcycles they had stolen ran out of fuel.
The very next day the gang shot Naresh and Pawan, both in their 30s, in south Delhi’s Dakshinpuri area. On July 21, they robbed a motorcycle from Okhla area.
After carrying out a series of robberies and killing people in south Delhi, the gang robbed and beat up a motorcycle rider in Mayur Vihar area of east Delhi. They also robbed two shops in east Delhi.
- Bikers' gang leader, member shot dead by police (Lead) - Aug 25, 2008
- Delhi bikers' gang member arrested in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- Police shoot dead leader, member of Delhi bikers' gang - Aug 25, 2008
- Bikers' gang leader wanted to be an extortionist: police - Aug 25, 2008
- Three members of biker gang arrested in Delhi (Lead) - Aug 01, 2008
- Last of notorious Bunty gang arrested in Delhi - Oct 27, 2008
- Three members of biker gang accused of murders arrested - Aug 01, 2008
- Gang of bus robbers busted, 11 arrested - Feb 11, 2011
- Biker gang leader Bunty's aide arrested - Aug 28, 2008
- Two biker-gangs members killed in an encounter in Capital - Aug 25, 2008
- Two minors killed in road accidents - Mar 11, 2011
- Same biker gang on shooting spree in south Delhi - Jul 16, 2008
- Market complex owner, guard murdered - Aug 01, 2011
- Biker gang member? Delhi cops can't tell - Jul 27, 2008
- Six planning to rob businessman held - Mar 27, 2011