Bihar’s economy registers over 11 percent annual growthFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 22 (IANS) Bihar’s economy has registered an annual growth rate of 11.36 percent from 2004-05 to 2010-11, says Bihar’s economic survey for 2011-12, tabled in the state assembly Wednesday. The state’s economy grew only 3.5 percent per year during the previous five years.
According to the survey, growth rate of the state economy in 2010-11 was 14.8 percent.
After tabling the survey, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, who also holds the finance portfolio, told media persons here that it is a record in itself and a positive sign for the development of the state.
An upbeat Modi said that high growth rate is a matter of satisfaction that the state is moving forward.
He said the average productivity during 2007-10 of three important cereals was 1,353 kg per hectare for rice, 2,208 kg per hectare for wheat and 2,629 kg per hectare for maize.
In the last kharif season, a farmer in Nalanda district created a world record by achieving a productivity level of 22.4 tonne per hectare for rice, he said.
- Karnataka economy to dip to 6.4 percent - Mar 21, 2012
- Service sector has insulated India from global slowdown: Survey - Mar 15, 2012
- India's per capita income rises to Rs.53,000 - Jan 31, 2012
- Northeastern states lead service sector growth - Mar 15, 2012
- Bihar's per capita income lowest, Delhi's highest - Aug 22, 2011
- Survey projects Karnataka's growth at 8.2 percent - Feb 23, 2011
- Himachal growth rate projected to dip to 7.6 percent - Mar 16, 2012
- Bihar shining, says economic survey - Mar 05, 2010
- India revises 2010-11 economic growth down to 8.4 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Govt. has taken fiscal, administrative measures to contain price rise: Mukherjee - Dec 09, 2010
- Patna airport No.1 in passenger traffic growth - Feb 23, 2012
- In Bihar, the woes are not of farmers alone - Sep 21, 2010
- Delhi records growth in per capita income - May 20, 2011
- Bihar registers highest growth rate of 16.71 percent - Jul 17, 2012
- Bihar holds first meeting of its agriculture cabinet - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: bihar, cereals, deputy chief minister, economic survey, finance portfolio, hectare, kg, kharif season, maize, media persons, modi, productivity level, registers, satisfaction, state assembly, state economy, sushil kumar, tonne, wheat, world record