Bihar youth’s death: Friends to seek justiceAugust 9th, 2012 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 9 (IANS) After family, now friends of 34-year-old Satnam Singh Mann, who died in mysterious circumstances in Kerala, wish to seek justice for him.
Mann, from Bihar’s Gaya district, was brought dead to the Medical College Hospital in Thiruvananthapuram last Saturday, according to his family. His friends, mostly students of Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow, have decided to launch a campaign of justice for him.
“We will organise a condolence meeting on the campus soon and chalk out strategy for the course of action to seek justice,” Pallav Kumar, one of the nine friends, who visited Mann’s native place, told IANS over phone Thursday.
Another friend Vikrant said they would take out a candle-light march in Lucknow and stage a sit-in in front of India Gate in Delhi.
Mann’s friends would approach the National Human Rights Commission also. “We will not sit silent but fight for justice,” said one of his friend.
Earlier, Mann’s family demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into his death. “We want a CBI probe into my grandson’s unnatural death,” grandfather Babu Kishore Singh, said.
A businessman, Singh had told IANS over telephone that neither he nor his family was satisfied by the Kerala government’s decision to order a Crime Branch probe into the death.
“We strongly suspect that my grandson was brutally tortured in jail. It’s a case for CBI,” he said.
“Mann was handed over to police in Kollam after he had objected to the presence of foreigners around spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi and also raised objections to certain parts of her speech. It is a matter of a probe,” Singh said.
Mann, a law student in Lucknow, was arrested when he created disturbances at spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi’s ashram near Kollam last week. He was charged with trying to attack the Mata.
- CBI asked to probe Bihar youth's death in Kerala - Aug 07, 2012
- Two arrested for death of man from Bihar in Kerala - Aug 11, 2012
- Achuthanandan for CBI probe into Bihari youth's death - Sep 19, 2012
- Kerala government faces ire over 'murder' of Bihari youth - Aug 18, 2012
- Crime Branch probe ordered into death of Bihari youth - Aug 06, 2012
- Brother suspects police hand in death of Bihari youth - Aug 05, 2012
- Bihari youth's death: Kerala doctors threaten strike - Aug 27, 2012
- Mayawati orders CBI probe into medical officer's death (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Delhi student's murder: Kin hold candlelight vigil - Jun 25, 2011
- Mayawati orders CBI probe into medical officer's death (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Court verdict on CBI probe into doctor's murder July 14 - Jul 12, 2011
- Court rejects CBI probe plea in medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- Kerala Police officer held for attack on journalist - Apr 16, 2012
- Wisdom indeed for modern times (IANS Book Review) - Jan 25, 2012
- Decision for CBI probe delayed, says Sachan's brother - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: amritanandamayi, ashram, candle light march, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, crime branch, gaya district, human rights commission, india gate, kerala government, kishore, kollam, lohia, manohar, medical college hospital, mysterious circumstances, national human rights commission, patna, spiritual leader, unnatural death