Bihar will not allow FDI in retail: Deputy chief ministerJuly 24th, 2012 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 24 (IANS) Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi Tuesday ruled out FDI in retail in the state.
“To protect interest of small and medium traders, Bihar will not allow FDI in retail,” Modi, who also holds the finance portfolio, told media persons here.
He said the National Democratic Alliance government led by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, of the Janata Dal-United, was dead against the measure.
Modi, a senior leader of Bharatiya Janata Party, also said that his party had organised a protest against FDI in Patna few days ago.
- Few takers for Sushil Modi's claim that Nitish PM material - Sep 03, 2012
- Nitish Kumar opposes FDI in retail - Jul 31, 2012
- Nitish, Modi don't vote - Jul 19, 2012
- Bihar leaders in war of words over PM candidate - Jun 19, 2012
- Narendra Modi congratulates Nitish - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- BJP will not encourage desertions from JD-U in Bihar: Modi - Jul 10, 2012
- Sangma to canvass in Bihar July 14 - Jul 10, 2012
- BJP observers to elect Legislature Party leader in Bihar - Nov 25, 2010
- NDA PM should be like Vajpayee: Sushil Modi - Jun 19, 2012
- Nitish Kumar elected head of NDA legislature party (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- JD-U is with Jaswant Singh: Nitish - Jul 16, 2012
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- Nitish close to Modi, says Lalu - May 06, 2012
- Leave BJP, Lalu tells Nitish - Aug 16, 2012