Bihar to bring IT to madrassasJune 26th, 2012 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 26 (IANS) The Bihar government plans soon to bring information technology (IT) to the state’s madrassas for modern education, Minority Welfare Minister Shahid Ali Khan has said.
“It’ll help madrassa students to learn about the benefits of IT in day-to-day life,” Khan said.
He said the government would spend Rs.28 crore on the project.
Though the union government began the process of modernising madrassas in 1994, the state government introduced the process in Bihar in 2002.
Officials of the Bihar State Madrasa Education Board said that under the modernisation scheme, courses would be revised to keep it in tune with the curricula of the Bihar School Examination Board and the Central Board of Secondary Education.
Some madrassas even encourage students to join the National Cadet Corps (NCC) or the Scouts and Guides.
According to the Bihar education board, the state has over 4,000 madrassas. Of these, 1,127 are state-run in which the government pays the staff and provides students with free books and mid-day meal.
Two years ago, the state government decided to provide financial support to 2,700 unaided madrassas.
According to the first-ever status paper brought out by the Bihar State Madrassa Education Board, there are only 32 madrassas for girls under the government-aided category and 576 in the unaided category.
- Nurseries of tolerance: Hindus in Islamic seminaries (Feature) - Jul 07, 2011
- Bihar to give funds to 2,700 unaided madrassas - Jun 30, 2010
- Girls outperform boys in Bihar's madrassa exams - Jul 01, 2010
- Girls sweep Bihar madrassa board results - Jun 02, 2011
- Muslim group refutes terror allegations against Madrassas - Aug 05, 2009
- Girls outshine boys in Bihar madrassa exams - Sep 08, 2009
- Free bicycles to girls studying in Madrassas in Bihar - Jan 25, 2009
- NCC to redefine training philosophy (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- HRD ministry for quality education in madrasas - Jun 27, 2012
- Government recognition a silver lining for Bengal's madrassas? - Apr 23, 2012
- Chhattisgarh has no scholarship scheme for madrasas - Mar 28, 2011
- NCC to redefine training philosophy - Apr 11, 2012
- Wrong to say madrassas hub of terrorism: Author - Aug 12, 2011
- NCC to grow, change training syllabus - Jul 05, 2012
- Federation of Muslim educational institutes launched - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: ali khan, bihar government, bihar school examination board, bihar state, board of secondary education, central board of secondary education, crore, curricula, education board, free books, information technology, madrassas, mid day, minority welfare, modern education, national cadet corps, ncc, shahid ali, state government, union government