Bihar suspends tainted IAS officerJune 30th, 2011 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 30 (IANS) An Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, K. Senthil Kumar, was suspended by the Bihar government on charges of corruption, an official said Thursday.
“Senthil was suspended by the state government as the department of personnel and training has agreed in principle to go ahead with the prosecution sanction sought by the Vigilance Investigation Bureau against him,” the official said.
Senthil, a 1996-batch Bihar cadre officer and currently on central deputation, has been charged with committing financial irregularities amounting to Rs.7.46 crore when he was the commissioner of the Patna Municipal Corporation (PMC) in 2009-10.
In February last year, a vigilance team conducted a raid and seized documents from the PMC office. Senthil, who was present in the office, had sneaked out through a backdoor.
The vigilance investigation revealed that Senthil had connived with developers and the land mafia for personal gain.
Officials say the vigilance probe revealed that Senthil had immovable properties in Patna, Delhi and Chennai. He reportedly also owns a cafe and a departmental store in Patna.
- Tainted IAS officer likely to be held - Jul 01, 2011
- Raid at IAS officer's office in Bihar - Feb 25, 2010
- Absconding IAS officer's home raided - Mar 02, 2010
- Bihar IAS officer missing after vigilance raids - Feb 27, 2010
- Bihar cracks whip again, sacks corrupt official - Jan 24, 2012
- Bihar to confiscate BJP lawmaker's assets - Feb 04, 2012
- Court orders confiscation of former DGP's assets - Feb 01, 2012
- Bihar dismisses five police officials for corruption - Feb 10, 2012
- Himachal asked to give details on its tainted officials - Sep 04, 2010
- IAS officer suspended in Punjab over land deal - May 08, 2012
- Shunglu panel indicts Delhi Lt Governor for inadequacies in CWG construction - Mar 24, 2011
- Bihar opens school in tainted officer's seized house - Sep 08, 2011
- IAS official suspended for selling tribal land - Oct 11, 2011
- Bihar to check corruption in anganwadi centres - Jun 14, 2011
- CBI to adopt Bihar law to seize homes of corrupt - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: backdoor, bihar government, corruption, crore, department of personnel and training, departmental store, deputation, financial irregularities, immovable properties, indian administrative service, investigation bureau, mafia, personal gain, pmc, principle, prosecution, sanction, senthil kumar, state government, vigilance