Bihar seeks relief for Bhagalpur riots victimsMarch 11th, 2008 - 11:52 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 11 (IANS) The Bihar government has demanded relief and rehabilitation package for the victims of Bhagalpur riots on the lines of the package given to anti-Sikh riots. “A proposal has been received from the government of Bihar for grant of similar relief and rehabilitation package to the victims of Bhagalpur riots of 1989-90 as given to the victims of anti-Sikh riots of 1984,” Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Sri Prakash Jaiswal told the Lok Sabha Tuesday.
“The proposal is under consideration,” he said.
Bhagalpur in Bihar faced one of the worst communal riots that left around 1,100 people, mostly Muslims, dead.
The riots were triggered after a group allegedly stoned a Ram Shila Pujan.
- Compensation for victims of Bhagalpur riots under consideration: Centre - Mar 11, 2008
- Anti-Sikh riot victims to protest in Delhi - Nov 09, 2010
- Don't close riots case probe against Tytler, court told - Feb 16, 2012
- 20 years later Bhagalpur riot victims get redress - Jun 12, 2008
- Cabinet extends anti-Sikh riot victims rehabilitation package - Sep 10, 2009
- Files on Bhagalpur riot victims missing - Sep 26, 2008
- Don't close riots case probe against Tytler, court told (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Ardass Divas held at Akal Takht in Amritsar - Nov 04, 2010
- 19 years on, government clears Rs.298 mn for Bhagalpur riot victims (Lead) - Jun 12, 2008
- US court to hear 1984 anti-Sikh riots case against Congress - Feb 19, 2012
- Amitabh pleads innocence in 1984 anti-Sikh riots - Dec 01, 2011
- Riot victims' rehabilitation national duty: SC - Sep 19, 2012
- US Sikh group complains against Bachchan in Australia - Oct 19, 2011
- US court summons Congress party on Sikh riots case - Mar 02, 2011
- Badal assures anti-Sikh riots' victims of help - Dec 24, 2009