Bihar recommends CBI probe into death of Shahnaz Hussain’s sonMarch 28th, 2008 - 12:05 pm ICT by admin
Patna, March 28 (IANS) Bihar has recommended a CBI probe into the mysterious death of beautician Shahnaz Hussain’s son Sameer Hussain here, police sources said Friday. Sameer, 32, who was president of his mother’s company, died on Jan 6 after falling from the balcony of a third-floor flat owned by his father-in-law Mahfooz Ahmed at Maqbool Apartments on Exhibition Road. Some say he succumbed to injuries after an accidental fall from the apartment while his in-laws claim he had committed suicide.
Shahnaz Tuesday met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to seek a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into her son’s death.
According to official sources in the state home department here, the state government Wednesday recommended a CBI probe.
“A notification has been issued under the Delhi Police Establishment Act, empowering the CBI to take over the investigation and copies of the notification have been sent to the central ministry of personnel and the CBI director,” an official said.
Sameer’s widow Rabiya Hussain broke her silence for the first time Thursday and welcomed the CBI probe.
“I welcome a CBI probe because I have nothing to hide,” she said.
However, she added her celebrity mother-in-law was trying to harass her. Shahnaz has refuted reports that her son was depressed and committed suicide.
“He was neither suffering from depression, nor was he an alcoholic or drug addict. He was a normal boy of his age and deeply religious,” Shahnaz said Tuesday after visiting the grave of her son in Phulwarisharief on the outskirts of Patna.
She also denied that her relationship with Sameer or his wife Rabiya was strained.
However, sources said that during her two visits to the apartment complex where Sameer had fallen to his death she refused to meet her daughter-in-law and granddaughter.
- Dowry case against beautician Shahnaz Hussain - Apr 26, 2008
- CBI registers case to probe Batcha's death - Apr 05, 2011
- SC asks Govt. to notify CBI probe into Batcha's death in three days - Apr 04, 2011
- Mother arrested for honour killing in Patna - Apr 22, 2012
- MLA murder case: Women organizations demand Modi's resignation - Jan 12, 2011
- For M.F. Husain, Shahnaz Husain was empress Noor Jahan (With Images) - Jul 03, 2011
- Bihar man commits suicide after cow's death - Sep 15, 2011
- Bihar youth's death: Friends to seek justice - Aug 09, 2012
- Chinese woman kills mother-in-law, toddler - Sep 12, 2012
- BJP MLA murder case: Bihar Govt. will fully cooperate with CBI, says Nitish - Jan 10, 2011
- Bribery charges against Yeddyurappa need probe: Panel - Mar 29, 2012
- CBI asked to probe Bihar youth's death in Kerala - Aug 07, 2012
- Apex court moved against setting up of Lokpal Bill drafting panel - Apr 18, 2011
- Key Raja aide found dead, 2G chargesheet on March 31 (Intro Roundup) - Mar 16, 2011
- CBI moves apex court against fresh probe into Rizwanur death (Lead) - Sep 01, 2010