Bihar NGO director arrested for Rs.150 crore fraudJune 13th, 2012 - 2:37 pm ICT by IANS
Patna June 13 (IANS) The director of a Patna-based NGO was arrested here Wednesday for allegedly being part of a racket that collected over Rs.150 crore from farmers and students in Bihar on the promise of giving them jobs, police said.
Rudra Dev Pratap of the NGO Muskan Pariyojna, who had been absconding for nearly two years, was arrested near the Patna railway station, a police official said.
“He was arrested on a tip-off that he was visiting Patna after a long time,” he said.
Pratap was one of the five people accused of collecting Rs.150 crore from about 4,000 students and farmers for training them in cattle rearing and dairy farming and then getting them jobs at the panchayat and block levels.
Four of the accused are in jail.
Pratap, who is in his early 40s, had started Muskaan Pariyojna in Delhi in early 2000 and later shifted to Patna.
According to police, between April 2007 and March 2010, the NGO duped youths with promises of jobs from district and block levels to villages, charging Rs.18,500 to Rs.28,500 for a post.
- Four NGO workers held for duping Bihar farmers, students - Mar 15, 2011
- Man cheating people with aviation sector jobs arrested - Mar 10, 2011
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Abducted Bihar boy found murdered - Aug 26, 2011
- Courageous Class 12 girl helps bust sex racket - Mar 23, 2012
- Two held for duping 1,000 people over jobs - Oct 13, 2011
- Ex-merchant navy officer held for fraud, Rs.1 crore seized - Aug 03, 2011
- Man who duped students of Rs.2 crore arrested - Nov 01, 2010
- Four held running fake maid placement bureau - May 26, 2011
- Man arrested for cheating in Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
- Court denies bail to two held in Himachal land racket - Nov 02, 2011
- Passenger dies, mob blocks Amritsar railway station - Mar 20, 2012
- Three held for cheating, launching fake companies - Oct 21, 2011
- Man held for overseas job racket - Feb 17, 2011
- Goa newspaper's editor, wife arrested for cheating investors - Sep 06, 2012