Bihar most congested telecom circle, says TRAIAugust 25th, 2008 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) Bihar has emerged as the most congested telecom circle, the industry watchdog said here Monday.It also said Bharti Airtel is the service provider with the highest level of congestion.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) said Bihar led the list of most congested states, the others being Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, the Northeast states and Himachal Pradesh.
It, however, said the congestion level has decreased in the April-June quarter across the country.
In order to ensure seamless interconnection, TRAI has been monitoring the level of congestion at the point of inter-connection (PoI) between the various service providers on a monthly basis.
This parameter signifies the ease with which a subscriber of one network is able to communicate with a customer of another network.
It also reflects the effectiveness of interconnection between the two networks.
A TRAI notification issued in July 2005 stipulates that out of 200 calls between two operators, only one call should face congestion problem - reflecting a congestion level of 0.5 percent.
However, in June TRAI said this was more than five percent, or 10 times the desired level.
The report also said that leading telecom player Bharti Airtel tops the list of most congested networks, with followed by Reliance Communications (RCom), Dishnet Wireless, Vodafone and Idea.
- Airtel most congested network, says regulator - Mar 30, 2009
- Airtel the most congested network, finds regulator - Jan 07, 2009
- Private telcos owe BSNL Rs.550.88 crore - May 02, 2012
- Telecom operators split over call termination rate - May 30, 2011
- Reliance Communications says BSNL breached agreement - Jun 13, 2011
- Operators urge Sibal to auction total spectrum, reduce reserve price - Apr 27, 2012
- Legal opinion sought on cancelling 83 new telecom licences - Aug 14, 2011
- Networks hope to acquire more users, spectrum - Feb 03, 2012
- Uninor to file interim application in Supreme Court - May 01, 2012
- Airtel sets up direct link between India, China - Dec 23, 2010
- Return 3G license fees if roaming pact illegal: Telecom biggies - Nov 22, 2011
- TRAI quizzes telcos on tariff hike - Aug 25, 2011
- Telecom honchos to meet Sibal - May 02, 2012
- Airtel ranked best operator by Nigerian telecom regulator - May 11, 2012
- TRAI to float consultation paper on priority call routing - Nov 08, 2011