Bihar Military Police official shot dead in jailMarch 5th, 2008 - 6:02 pm ICT by admin
Patna, March 5 (IANS) A Bihar Military Police (BMP) official, Rambabu Paswan, was shot dead in Bihar’s Sasaram jail Wednesday, police sources said. Rambabu Paswan, a BMP company commander who was posted in Sasaram jail in Rohtas district, was shot dead under mysterious circumstances. His body was found with two bullet marks inside the jail premises.
The police suspect that he was killed by the BMP jawans over some dispute. However, jail authorities were reluctant to speak.
It was not immediately known what led to the incident.
According to unconfirmed reports, some BMP jawans were angry and unhappy with him for his refusal to grant them leave.
Sasaram Superintendent of Police N.H. Khan said evidence suggested that it was a case of murder and not suicide.
- BJP leader shot dead in Bihar - Nov 06, 2010
- RTI activist assaulted in Bihar - Apr 05, 2012
- Maoists luring villagers to grow poppy in Bihar - Feb 19, 2012
- Bihar court acquits 11 Nepali Maoist leaders - Feb 03, 2012
- Maoist held in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 03, 2011
- Five Bihar police officials suspended for custodial death - Sep 13, 2011
- RTI activist shot in Bihar - May 11, 2012
- Bihar court seeks arrest of 11 Nepali Maoist leaders - Sep 15, 2011
- Four of family gunned down in Bihar - Jun 30, 2012
- Bihar police official found dead - Jan 30, 2011
- Police station chief arrested in Bihar for custodial death - Jun 16, 2012
- Teacher arrested in Bihar for helping Maoists - Jun 02, 2011
- Now, tigers and leopards targeted by Maoists - Sep 12, 2012
- Maoists blow up police station, block office in Bihar - Mar 27, 2010
- Taunted over dark-skinned bride, groom kills self - Jun 05, 2012