Bihar legislator complains of extortion, death threatsAugust 3rd, 2011 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 3 (IANS) A Bihar legislator from the ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Wednesday alleged he has received extortion demands for Rs.10 lakh, and threat of death if he failed to pay, police said.
Jitendra Kumar, legislator from Asthawa in Nalanda district, lodged a complaint after receiving threats on his mobile from an unidentified man, police said.
Two Bharatiya Janata Party legislators also said they received similar extortion calls last month. In May, a JD-U MP alleged he was threatened if he did not pay Rs.50 lakh.
- Two Bihar legislators get extortion calls - Jul 04, 2011
- Bihar MP gets Rs.50 lakh extortion demand - May 30, 2011
- Bihar seeks bail cancellation of 101 criminals - Jul 06, 2012
- Janata Dal-United rebels hint at new party in Bihar - Jun 20, 2011
- Bihar ruling party legislator accused in liquor trader's killing - May 27, 2012
- Bihar panchayat poll candidate's husband murdered - Apr 25, 2011
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Woman legislator in hospital after husband's thrashing - Dec 17, 2010
- JD-U rebels form political outfit - Jun 21, 2011
- Bihar minister gets Rs.20 lakh extortion demand - Mar 22, 2011
- JD-U leader shot dead in Bihar - Aug 30, 2011
- Bihar MP again gets extortion message - Jun 04, 2011
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- Shutdown near total in Bihar (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- BJP will not encourage desertions from JD-U in Bihar: Modi - Jul 10, 2012