Bihar jail to auction 500 mobile phonesJune 11th, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 11 (IANS) The Beur Central Jail here plans to auction more than 500 mobile telephones seized from inmates in recent months, officials Monday said.
“It is the first such initiative by any jail not only in Bihar but in the country,” jail superintendent Shivendra Priyadarshi said.
Inspector General of Police (Prisons) Anand Kishore said: “The auction will take place with full transparency.”
Priyadarshi said hundreds of mobile phones of different brands were seized from prisoners during raids this year alone.
Dozens of criminals, including politicians and Maoists, are lodged in the Beur prison.
- Mobile phones seized in Bihar jail - Jun 23, 2011
- Twelve mobile phones seized from Bihar jail - Apr 07, 2010
- Jailor shot at, escapes unhurt - Jul 27, 2012
- Fifteen mobile phones recovered from Bihar jail - Sep 02, 2010
- Bihar to computerise jails - Jun 28, 2012
- Ten mobile phones seized from Bihar jail - Mar 11, 2010
- Bihar to have its first 'open jail' - Mar 05, 2012
- Mobile phones, ganja found in Bihar jail - Jul 20, 2011
- Prisoners extend support to Binayak Sen in Bihar - Jan 01, 2011
- Prisoners in Bihar celebrate Chhath - Nov 13, 2010
- Two top Maoist leaders offer to donate their bodies - Sep 16, 2011
- Bihar court acquits 11 Nepali Maoist leaders - Feb 03, 2012
- Mobiles, knife seized from Jharkhand jail - Jan 18, 2011
- Bihar court seeks arrest of 11 Nepali Maoist leaders - Sep 15, 2011
- Bihar jails' security tightened after Maoist threat - Oct 30, 2010