Bihar flood orphans - Educational institution to adopt 100 kidsSeptember 15th, 2008 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 15 (IANS) An educational institution of Jharkhand will adopt 100 children who were orphaned in the Bihar floods. “We have decided to adopt 100 children orphaned in the Bihar floods. They will be in the age group of six to ten. We will provide education to them till plus two level, free of cost,” said Sanchaita Singh, secretary of the Ranchi-based Louis Educational and Social Development Society.
Singh said: “The adoption process has been initiated. Our workers are visiting the relief camps of the flood affected districts and identifying the children who were orphaned in the flood. The children will be adopted after permission from the respective district administrations and the Bihar government.”
Headquartered in Ranchi, the Louis Educational and Social Development Society has offices in Bihar and Jharkhand. The adopted children will taught at Ranchi, Singh said.
More than three million people have been affected in the Bihar floods and thousands were rendered homeless. More than 70 people have reportedly lost their lives.
- Jharkhand NGO adopts 22 Bihar flood victim children - Nov 18, 2008
- Children most vulnerable in Orissa, West Bengal: Study - Jun 17, 2011
- Over half a million hit by Bihar floods - Jul 06, 2011
- Shutdown hits life in Jharkhand, Medha Patkar booked - May 02, 2011
- Munda caught between falling buildings and grumbling leaders - Apr 20, 2011
- Rising Kosi floods dozens of Bihar villages - Jul 05, 2012
- Bihar flood situation grim as all rivers rise - Jul 07, 2011
- Jharkhand to take back extra land of PSUs - Apr 22, 2011
- Flood deaths rise to 15 in Nepal - Jul 02, 2011
- 1.5 million affected in Bihar floods - Aug 22, 2011
- Jharkhand demolitions: BJP leaders seeks PM's intervention - Apr 21, 2011
- Crops damaged in two Jharkhand districts - Sep 12, 2011
- Floods render thousands homeless in Bihar - Aug 21, 2011
- Sinha ends strike, Jharkhand to move court to stay demolitions (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Jharkhand to construct flats for displaced people - Aug 26, 2011