Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Lead)July 9th, 2012 - 2:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) The government Monday told the Supreme Court that Bihar engineer Fasih Mehmood was under the detention of the Saudi Arabian authorities.
Additional Solicitor General Gourab Banerjee told the apex court bench headed by Justice P. Sathasivam that Saudi authorities have informed the CBI June 26 that he was under their detention.
The court directed the government to file a report on the status of Fasih within three weeks. Fasih’s wife Nikhat Parveen had filed an application seeking to know the whereabouts of her husband.
Fasih, 35, who hails from a village in Darbhanga district of Bihar, was reportedly arrested in Saudi Arabia May 14 for suspected terror links in India.
- Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks - Jun 06, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Apex court issues notice on a missing Bihar engineer - May 30, 2012
- Apex court issues notice on missing Bihar engineer (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Terror suspect engineer's wife seeks fast track trial - Jul 01, 2012
- Apex court grants time to centre on missing engineer case - Jun 01, 2012
- Court gives government time in missing engineer case (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Saudi authorities mum on Fasih Mahmood, SC told - Jun 11, 2012
- Missing engineer's parents to stage hunger strike - May 24, 2012
- Missing engineer's wife questions Nitish Kumar's silence - Jun 26, 2012
- Family shocked at Bihar engineer's arrest on terror charges - May 21, 2012
- Missing engineer's mother asks PM to help trace son - Jun 18, 2012
- Fasih Mehmood not in India's custody: Chidambaram - May 31, 2012
- Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspects - May 30, 2012