Bihar cops rescue abducted doctorJanuary 12th, 2011 - 12:41 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Jan 12 (IANS) A doctor abducted by five people posing as relatives of a patient has been rescued and one of his captors arrested in Bihar’s Sitamarhi district, police said Wednesday.Police rescued Yogendra Prasad on a tip-off late Tuesday night and arrested Devendra Thakur, Sitamarhi Superintendent of Police Rakesh Rathi said.
Prasad, posted at the primary health centre in Sonbarsa in Sitamarhi district, about 200 km from here, was abducted from Manjhaul village Monday night.
Prasad was abducted by five people posing as relatives of a critical patient. They forcibly took away the victim from his house, an official said.
The Bihar unit of the Indian Medical Association had taken up the case. The Bihar State Health Service Association had also threatened to launch a protest if he was not rescued by Wednesday.
During the last one-and-a-half months, more than two dozen cases of kidnapping have been reported from across the state.
Additional Director General of Police P.K. Thakur admitted that police were worried over the sudden spurt in cases of kidnapping.
- Doctor abducted in Bihar, police clueless (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Doctor abducted in Bihar - Jan 11, 2011
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- No breakthrough in Bihar youth's abduction yet - Jan 04, 2011
- Fear of abductions haunts Bihar again - Dec 29, 2010
- Bihar kidnappings shock, scare NRIs - Jan 02, 2011
- Mexico puts up $1.2 bn to solve kidnappings - May 12, 2012
- Bihar student's suicide: rights body seeks report - Sep 07, 2012
- Suspense over release of abducted Bihar cops (Evening Lead) - Sep 05, 2010
- Kidnap victim freed after scrawling note on toilet paper - Oct 11, 2011
- Businessman's daughter kidnapped in Bihar - Dec 24, 2009
- Labourer's body found near Chautala's Delhi house - Aug 11, 2012
- Two suspected Maoists held, search on for abducted cops - Sep 04, 2010
- Voting under way in Bihar amid Maoist disruptions (Third Lead) - Oct 24, 2010
- Now a solar lamp scam in Bihar, village heads in trouble - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: abducted, bihar state, cops, critical patient, director general, district police, health centre, health service, indian medical association, monday night, one and a half, prasad, primary health, rakesh, rathi, relatives, state health, sudden spurt, superintendent, tuesday night