Bihar clears plan for Aryabhatt universityJuly 30th, 2008 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 30 (IANS) Decks have been cleared for establishing the Aryabhatt Knowledge University at the Bihar capital here, a minister said Wednesday. The varsity is named after a famous astronomer and mathematician of ancient India. Bihar Human Resource Development Minister Hari Narayan Singh Wednesday said that the state assembly has passed the Aryabhatt Knowledge University Bill, 2008 for setting up the university.
“After the assembly passed the bill Tuesday, work will soon start for setting up the university,” Singh said.
He said that university is being established with the objective to regulate and add value to institutions imparting education on modern science like Information Technology, Nano-technology and Bio-technology.
After initiating a move to set up an international university in Nalanda, the Bihar government drew up a blueprint for setting up Aryabhatt Knowledge University last year.
The proposed university, an autonomous body, will grant affiliation to the government and private technical institutes in the state and act as a regulatory body for maintaining standards in these institutes. Medical colleges of the state will also be brought under the jurisdiction of this university.
“The prime objective of setting up the university is to develop professional education in response to the changing demands of the competitive world,” an official said.
Once the university comes into existence, it will act as a single-window clearance system for maintaining a uniform policy as far as technical educational institutes in the state are concerned, the official said.
- Amartya Sen-headed Nalanda varsity group to meet in Patna - Jul 05, 2011
- Nalanda Mentor Group holds meet in Patna - Jul 06, 2011
- Amartya Sen in Bihar for Nalanda meeting - Jul 18, 2012
- Government hopeful of passing important education bills - Apr 22, 2012
- Lok Sabha nod to Nalanda university - Aug 26, 2010
- Two held for assaulting foreigners in Bihar - Sep 22, 2011
- Vacancies to be filled at Kolkata's Presidency University - May 26, 2011
- Setting up new Nalanda a challenging task: Amartya Sen - Jan 04, 2011
- Lok Sabha passes bill for AIIMS-like institutes - Aug 30, 2012
- Cabinet approves amendments to four key bills - Aug 17, 2012
- Rajya Sabha passes bill to rebuild Nalanda University (Lead) - Aug 21, 2010
- Bihar's potatoes to be exported to Russia - Aug 31, 2012
- Padma for Singapore ex-minister with Nalanda connect - Jan 25, 2012
- Parliament passes IIT bill - Apr 30, 2012
- Nalanda University Bill introduced - Aug 12, 2010