Bihar buys six crore gunny bagsFebruary 14th, 2012 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 14 (IANS) The Bihar government has purchased six crore gunny bags worth Rs.200 crore to achieve the paddy procurement target, an official said Tuesday.
Government agencies involved in procurement of paddy had till last week complained of scarcity of gunny bags.
“It was found true and the government decided to purchase gunny bags to remove any hurdle,” a Food and Consumers Affairs Department official said.
Bihar has till date procured 7 lakh tonnes of paddy against the target of 30 lakh tonnes in this kharif season.
Food and Consumers Affairs Minister Shyam Rajak told IANS that the government was committed to achieve the target.
After two years of successive drought, a bumper paddy crop this season has come as a huge relief to millions of farmers in Bihar.
According to the minimum support price announced by the central government, farmers will get Rs.1,080 per quintal of paddy — up from last year’s price of Rs.1,010.
- Bihar procures 16 lakh tonnes of paddy - Mar 16, 2012
- Bihar procures record paddy but farmers' cheques bounce - Apr 07, 2012
- Haryana paddy procurement to begin Oct 1 - Sep 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh farmers earn record money in paddy sale - Feb 25, 2012
- After drought, bumper paddy crop cheers Bihar farmers - Dec 12, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 150 lakh tonnes wheat - May 01, 2012
- Farmer suicides spark Bengal political storm (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jan 22, 2012
- Jharkhand sets up 500 paddy procurement centres - Aug 05, 2011
- Jharkhand produces record Kharif crop - Jan 29, 2012
- Chhattisgarh eyes 5.5 mn tonnes paddy procurement - Nov 24, 2011
- Chhattisgarh farmers to get Rs.50 bonus on selling paddy - Nov 03, 2010
- Kashmir sets paddy MSP at Rs.1,080 per quintal - Oct 11, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to procure Rs.5,000 crore worth paddy - Oct 15, 2010
- Slow paddy procurement in drought-hit Bihar - Dec 27, 2010
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,