Biggest day since World Cup final: YuvrajSeptember 8th, 2012 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
Vishakapatnam, Sep 8 (IANS) Hours before his first match in over 10 months, cricketer Yuvraj Singh said that this would be the biggest day in his life since the World Cup final last April.
“I guess this would be my biggest day after world cup final. I’m really overwhelmed with the love and support of everyone who have send me wishes,” said Yuvraj on twitter account @YUVSTRONG12.
Yuvraj recently recovered from a life threatening rare germ cell cancer.
“On the field ! I just expect to enjoy the moment and hopefully lot of awareness will spread through youwecan today! The message I want to send today.”
The Punjab cricketer will play for India for the first time since November 2011 when he takes guard against New Zealand Saturday in the first of the two-match Twenty20 series here.
The 30-year-old thanked the people involved in his recovery.
“Few hours to go till I wear my favourite jersey. To my mom, my friends, my fans this would not have been possible. Thanks for your love and courage. Through various channels from dr ianhorn to a layman every one has bin an imp person in my comeback! Thnks to bcci and nca for getting me bak,” he added.
He also gave a out a message to his fans on the social networking site tweeting: “Is that if yuvi can u can fight cancer and come back wher u belong ! So shout youwecan today all those who u survivors and r goin to survive. And for the cancer society ! See u on the field and I hope it doesn’t rain.”
- Cricketing world wishes Yuvraj - Sep 08, 2012
- Yuvraj back home after three months - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj says he is getting better - Feb 16, 2012
- TV series to capture Yuvraj Singh's journey, victory over cancer - Sep 05, 2012
- Arjuna Award will be a great honour, says Yuvraj - Jul 07, 2012
- Fit again Yuvraj back home after battling cancer (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj eyes return against Kiwis before T20 World Cup - Jul 07, 2012
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Yuvraj will emerge stronger: Father - Feb 06, 2012
- Yuvraj uncertain about future but determined to play again (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Yuvraj says his treatment nearing completion - Mar 13, 2012
- Yuvraj will be fight it out, says father (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Yuvraj urges fans to sing national anthem loudly - Mar 30, 2011
- Yuvraj feeling 'weak' after second round of chemotherapy - Mar 01, 2012