Bhutan king to marry India-educated bride Oct 13September 16th, 2011 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
Sanawar (Himachal Pradesh), Sep 16 (IANS) The date is set for a royal wedding. Bhutan’s 31-year-old king Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck will tie the knot with his India-educated bride, Jetsun Pema, Oct 13, an official of her alma mater here said Friday.
Jetsun is an alumna of the prestigious Lawrence School in the Kasauli hills here and her younger sister Serchen Doma is still studying here. The family has sought leave for her to attend the wedding.
“Jetsun Pema, who was with us three years back, is going to wed with Bhutan’s king Oct 13,” her teacher Deepak Bahuguna told IANS.
He said an e-mail in this regard was received by the school authorities from her mother two days back. “She informed us about Pema’s wedding and requested the school authorities to allow her younger daughter to travel to Bhutan to attend celebrations,” he added.
Serchen Doma is a Class 12 student at Lawrence.
Jetsun’s alma mater is hoping to receive a royal invite for her wedding.
The would-be-bride completed her Class 12 from Lawrence School in March 2008. She’s now 20 years old.
“Jetsun was with us for two years from 2006 onwards. She was just like a commoner…We only knew that she was from Bhutan,” Bahuguna said.
Wangchuck, the Oxford-educated Bhutan king, announced in his inaugural address to the Himalayan nation’s parliament May 20 that he intended to marry Jetsun in October.
- Himachal-educated girl to marry Bhutan king - May 22, 2011
- Lawrence School invites Bhutan royals - Oct 21, 2011
- Greetings from India ring bells at Bhutan's royal wedding - Oct 13, 2011
- Oxford-educated Bhutan king weds commoner - Oct 13, 2011
- India rolls out red carpet for Bhutan's royal couple - Oct 24, 2011
- Bhutan's newly-wed royal couple heading to India - Oct 21, 2011
- Oxford-educated Bhutan king weds commoner (Lead) - Oct 13, 2011
- India to host Bhutan's royal couple - Oct 13, 2011
- Special train for Bhutan royal couple - Oct 25, 2011
- Assam Rifles gets new chief - Aug 24, 2012
- Kate Middleton getting super-svelte for wedding - Apr 12, 2011
- Bhutan King meets President Pratibha Patil in New Delhi - Oct 22, 2010
- Bhutan to help promote tourism in Bihar - May 06, 2011
- Phillipa Lepley To Design Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding Gown? - Nov 20, 2010
- Diana's ring made smaller to fit Kate's finger - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: alma mater, alumna, celebrations, commoner, doma, e mail, himachal pradesh, himalayan nation, inaugural address, India, king jigme khesar namgyel wangchuck, knot, oxford, parliament, pema, regard, royal wedding, school authorities, younger daughter