Bhopal, Indore to have Metro Rail soonJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 22 (IANS) Both Bhopal and Indore can now dream of having Metro Rail services, if one were to go by Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur. “A survey for the Metro Rail project in Bhopal and Indore would be started in a month’s time by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)”, Gaur told reporters here Thursday.
The two projects are collectively estimated to cost Rs.120 billion (Rs.12,000 crore), he said.
Speaking about the benefits of such a project, the minister said it would provide rapid transportation, reduce number of road accidents and pollution and would also help save petrol and diesel.
- Bhopal, Indore to get Metro - Aug 03, 2011
- Delhi Metro to organise management programme on MRTS - Sep 09, 2012
- Metro rail service like Delhi for Bhopal in seven years: Gaur - Jan 22, 2009
- Single smart card for different modes of transport launched - Dec 06, 2011
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- DDA told to raise funds for Metro network expansion - May 03, 2011
- Bhopal too wants a Metro rail - Apr 21, 2010
- Budget 2012-13: Delhi Metro gets over Rs.2,200 crore - Mar 16, 2012
- Bhopal sets model for polythene waste management - Mar 22, 2011
- Metro rail is an effective system of transport: President Patil - Sep 22, 2010
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- ABB to power Jaipur metro rail project - Apr 12, 2012
- Jaipur Metro likely by June 2013 - Jul 16, 2012