Bhopal, Indore to have Metro Rail soonJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 22 (IANS) Both Bhopal and Indore can now dream of having Metro Rail services, if one were to go by Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur. “A survey for the Metro Rail project in Bhopal and Indore would be started in a month’s time by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)”, Gaur told reporters here Thursday.
The two projects are collectively estimated to cost Rs.120 billion (Rs.12,000 crore), he said.
Speaking about the benefits of such a project, the minister said it would provide rapid transportation, reduce number of road accidents and pollution and would also help save petrol and diesel.
- Bhopal, Indore to get Metro - Aug 03, 2011
- DDA told to raise funds for Metro network expansion - May 03, 2011
- Bhopal too wants a Metro rail - Apr 21, 2010
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- Budget 2012-13: Delhi Metro gets over Rs.2,200 crore - Mar 16, 2012
- Bhopal sets model for polythene waste management - Mar 22, 2011
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
- Metro rail service like Delhi for Bhopal in seven years: Gaur - Jan 22, 2009
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- ABB to power Jaipur metro rail project - Apr 12, 2012
- Jaipur Metro likely by June 2013 - Jul 16, 2012
- Delhi Metro now goes to Ghaziabad (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Metro rail is an effective system of transport: President Patil - Sep 22, 2010
- Row breaks out over Kochi Metro Rail project - Jan 02, 2012
Tags: babulal gaur, crore, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, development minister, diesel, dmrc, indore, metro rail project, petrol, pollution, rapid transportation, road accidents, urban development