Bhel bags Rs.650 mn contract from Essar SteelAugust 21st, 2008 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Aug 21 (IANS) The state-owned Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel)has won a Rs.650-million contract for supply of 650 high tension (HT) motors for Essar Steel and Essar Oil’s Hazira refinery, against stiff global competition from multinational giants, a senior company official said Thursday. “The order is valued at Rs.650 million, and we will start delivery from November”, Bhel general manager S.R. Prasad told IANS.
Bhel’s scope of work in the contract, Prasad said, includes design, engineering, manufacturing and supplying HT Motors and support during installation. The company is required to execute the project within 24 months.
Bhel has the capacity to manufacture 1,500 machines, of up to 28,000 KW per year, which will be increased to 2,250 by December next year.
It plans to invest Rs.1.34 billion on modernisation and upgrade of manufacturing facilities.
- Larsen and Turbo bags Rs.1195 crore deal from ONGC - Aug 23, 2010
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- Essar Group doubles steel capacity at Hazira, Gujarat - Feb 24, 2012
- BHEL bags Rs.774 crore contract from ONGC - Feb 27, 2012
- BHEL exploring non-power equipment business for profits - Aug 11, 2012
- Essar Oil completes expansion of Vadinar refinery - Mar 29, 2012
- Essar sets high target of methane extraction in Bengal - Aug 08, 2012
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power unit's early start hinges on port decision - Apr 08, 2012
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
- BHEL quarterly net profit rises 13 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- Essar denies wrongdoing in acquiring Navbharat power - Sep 05, 2012
- Oz mining giant Rio Tinto to sell iron ore to India's Essar Steel - Dec 17, 2009
- BGR Energy bags orders worth Rs.45 crore - Nov 13, 2009
- Hyderabad-based Nav Bharat comes under CBI scanner - Sep 05, 2012