Bhatta-Parsaul rape: Court orders FIR against 30 copsNovember 18th, 2011 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Nov 18 (IANS) A court here Friday ordered registration of cases against five senior police officers and 25 constables for raping and robbing a woman in Bhatta village of the district earlier this year, after clashes with farmers protesting forcible land acquisition.
Chief Judicial Magistrate, Vipin Sharma, ordered registration of FIRs under section 376 (rape) and 392 (robbery) against the then Circle Officer, Dankaur, Uday Veer Singh Khokhar, then Phase-II Station Officer (SO) Anuj Chaudhary, then Kakor SO Inder Kumar Badola, then Dankaur SO Rajeev Kumar, then Dankaur Police Station beat-incharge, Hemant Kishore Gautam and 25 constables and troopers of the Uttar Pradesh Police and the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC).
According to Ved Prakash Sharma, lawyer for the victim, the court has asked the district police to lodge an FIR against these policemen and submit a chargesheet before it after investigating the case at the earliest.
“Four-five personnel had entered the house of the victim on May 7 while she was alone and gangraped her on the orders given by their seniors, who were these police officers deployed on duty in the area. After gangraping the woman, they had looted Rs.1 lakh from her house,” Sharma said.
“The victim, on the next day, approached the Dankaur police station with her complaint but she was turned away. Her FIR was not registered and she was sent back. She then turned up to several senior police officers but no one listened to her,” he added.
“She then submitted an application before the court demanding FIR against the culprits for raping and looting her. The court heard the arguments and ordered lodging of case against all these men Friday,” Sharma added.
The district police had on Oct 24 registered a case of rape against 16 security personnel in the Bhatta-Parsaul case, following which the investigations were handed over to the Crime Branch (CID) of the state police.
- Noida court to hear Bhatta Parsaul women's complaints - Dec 03, 2011
- Girl gangraped in Patna boys' hostel - Sep 12, 2012
- Man slapped by police for trying to register FIR - Mar 23, 2012
- 16-year-old girl in Rajasthan alleges gang rape - Jun 29, 2012
- Woman pub employee gang raped in Gurgaon (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Congress for judicial probe against rape-accused BSP lawmaker - Jan 02, 2011
- Railway constable held for rape - Sep 06, 2012
- Noida police draw flak for exposing rape victim (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Rape accused Uttar Pradesh cop arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Judge visits slums over gangrape case (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Woman gangraped in power firm's housing colony, four held - Jul 04, 2011
- Student gangraped in moving car in Ghaziabad, 3 arrested (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Banda rape case: Enquiry ordered into jail warden's claims - Jan 17, 2011
- Husband facilitates wife's gang rape in Bengal, absconding - Mar 23, 2012
- Court orders police action on lawyer's assault (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: 1 lakh, clashes, constables, constabulary, crime branch, culprits, district police, fir, firs, gautam, incharge, inder kumar, judicial magistrate, kishore, land acquisition, police station, policemen, security personnel, state police, uttar pradesh police