Bharat Petroleum gets $370,000 US technical aidAugust 29th, 2008 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 29 (IANS) As part of its ongoing commitment to the US-India Energy Dialogue, the US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) Friday awarded a $370,000 technical assistance related grant to oil major Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL).BPCL will utilise the grant to introduce advanced safety technologies and inspection methodologies to minimise risks and vulnerabilities to its petroleum refinery and pipeline operations.
The USTDA grant will also be used for training personnel on a comprehensive strategy for evaluating risk to petroleum refineries and related facilities.
The technical assistance programme will also demonstrate a wide range of advanced technologies available from US firms.
The US-India Energy Dialogue was initiated in 2005 to promote increased trade and investment in the energy sector by working with the public and private sectors and identify newer areas of co-operation and collaboration.
Since 2005, USTDA has provided over $4 million in funding project studies, not only on refinery process modernisation, but also in coal bed methane development and alternative coal mining technology.
It has also given technical assistance in the development of new regulatory structure for India’s expanding oil and gas industries.
- US, Indian agencies to exchange technology - Feb 08, 2011
- USTDA grant promotes development of India's helicopter sector - Aug 28, 2009
- US to fund feasibility studies in India's energy sector - Jul 19, 2011
- India asks Saudi Arabia to hike crude oil supply - Feb 23, 2012
- CESC to sign agreement with US trade and development agency - Mar 23, 2012
- US, India setting up $125 mn clean energy centre - Apr 14, 2012
- Project on for developing catalyst to liquefy coal: Coal India - Sep 11, 2012
- US developing cold storage facilities in India - Jul 19, 2011
- US, India sign aviation safety pact - Nov 17, 2011
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts - May 28, 2012
- India, US enhance bilateral ties through six pacts - Nov 08, 2010
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts(Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Pranab to address US-India economic summit Monday - Jun 26, 2011
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012