Bhanwari killing: Accused husband retracts statementMarch 13th, 2012 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, March 13 (IANS) Rajasthan nurse Bhanwari Devi’s husband Amarchand, arrested on charges of conspiring to abduct her last year, Tuesday retracted his statement made before a magistrate here, sources said.
The development came as a setback for the Central Bureau of Investigation which, in a chargesheet filed in a court earlier, said that Amarchand was involved in the conspiracy of Bhanwari Devi’s kidnap from Jodhpur’s Bilara area Sep 1, 2011.
The CBI says she was later killed.
- Bhanwari killing: Accused husband retracts statement (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Accused refuses to record statement - Feb 14, 2012
- Maderna mastermind in Bhanwari Devi muder: CBI charge sheet - Feb 29, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent for DNA tests, Maderna's custody extended (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent to Delhi for DNA test (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Setback for CBI as accused refuses to testify - Jan 11, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Another accused refuses to testify - Jan 24, 2012
- Missing nurse case committed to trial, to start April 2 - Mar 27, 2012
- CBI nabs one more in Bhanwari Devi case - Jan 04, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
- Nurse case: Two accused sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- CBI arrests Rajasthan ex-minister over missing nurse - Dec 02, 2011
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Congress MP quizzed in missing nurse case - Feb 09, 2012