Bhanwari Devi case: Re-arrested suspect sent to 10-days custodyJuly 4th, 2012 - 12:14 am ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, July 3 (IANS) A day after he was re-arrested after his escape 19 days ago, a court here Tuesday sent Bhanwari Devi murder case accused Kailash Jakhar to 10 days police custody.
Jakhar had escaped from the district and sessions court here June 14 after a shootout between his accomplices and police. He was hiding in a house at a hamlet surrounded by sand dunes near Sujangarh in Churu district from where he was arrested Monday.
A police team brought Jakhar to the court under heavy security Tuesday and produced him before the metropolitan judicial magistrate.
“We sought his remand for further interrogation with him. The court has sent him to 10 days police custody,” a police officer said.
He added that police will question him about the entire conspiracy behind his escape during the remand period.
Jakhar had been brought to the district and sessions court in Jodhpur June 14 for a hearing of another case related to some fraudulent land deals when a ground of about a dozen criminals opened fire on policemen and escaped with Jakhar.
He is accused of disposing the remains of nurse Bhanwari Devi who was abducted and then murdered Sep 1 last year at the alleged behest of sacked state minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had arrested Maderna and Bishnoi in the case. It is alleged that Maderna and Bishnoi were being blackmailed by the nurse on the basis of sex CDs showing them in a compromising position with the nurse.
Bhanwari Devi had allegedly been kidnapped by three men - Shahabuddin, Baldev Jat alias Balia and Sohan Lal. As per the CBI charge sheet filed in a court, the trio murdered the nurse and then handed over her body to Bishna Ram Bishnoi and Jakhar who burnt her to ashes and dumped her remains in a canal in Jodhpur.
- Runaway suspect in Bhanwari murder case re-arrested - Jul 02, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case accused flees from police custody - Jun 14, 2012
- FBI confirms bones collected from canal are Bhanwari Devi's - Jul 05, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent to Delhi for DNA test (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Breakthroughs in Rajasthan nurse case, two held (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
- CBI nabs one more in Bhanwari Devi case - Jan 04, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent for DNA tests, Maderna's custody extended (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
- Maderna mastermind in Bhanwari Devi muder: CBI charge sheet - Feb 29, 2012
- Nurse case: Two accused sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Another accused gives statement to magistrate - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: accomplices, balia, behest, bishnoi, cbi, central bureau of investigation, fraudulent land deals, heavy security, judicial magistrate, maderna, mahipal, police custody, police team, remand, sand dunes, sessions court, sex cds, sohan, state minister, sujangarh