BGR Energy posts Rs.15.04 bn revenueJune 12th, 2008 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 12 (IANS) Energy equipment supplier, BGR Energy Systems Ltd, announced Thursday that it had posted a revenue of Rs.15.04 billion ($358 million) for 2007-08 against Rs.7.75 billion the previous fiscal. The net profit of the company for the year under review is Rs.840 million as compared to Rs.391 million of 2006-07. The company’s board has recommended a dividend of 20 percent (Rs.2 per share).
Announcing the results here, company chairman B.G. Raghupathy said: “Around Rs.12.4 billion of the revenue earned is from the power sector and the balance from supply of products and other sectors like oil and gas.”
He said the order book position of the company stood at Rs.32.12 billion.
“The company hopes to book orders around Rs.90 billion this year of which 90 percent will be in the power sector,” Raghupathy added.
Finance director S. Rathinam said: “We may need around Rs.5 billion as working capital. Last fiscal, the working capital need was around Rs.4.5 billion.”
BGR Energy has chalked out Rs.800 million expansion programme including the setting up of a new air fin cooler plant in the Middle East at an investment of Rs.430 million.
“The idea is to double our capacity to 1,800 bundles - the air fin cooler capacity is measured in bundles,” Rathinam added.
- BGR-Hitachi power equipment plants to go on stream in 2013 - Sep 16, 2011
- BGR Energy confident of bagging new orders - Aug 04, 2012
- BGR Energy partners with Hitachi for power equipment - Aug 06, 2010
- Tie-up with Foster Wheeler on track: BGR Energy - Jan 07, 2010
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- BGR Energy cuts capex for JVs with Hitachi - Aug 09, 2012
- BGR Energy bags orders worth Rs.45 crore - Nov 13, 2009
- Windfall for Tamil Nadu power equipment makers - Sep 18, 2011
- Indian machine tools industry upbeat on demand growth - Jan 03, 2012
- BGR Energy's Q1 sales and net profit down - Aug 03, 2012
- BGR Energy lowest bidder for NTPC's mega tender - Sep 15, 2011
- Hitachi to form new JV in India - Sep 27, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- India eyes $10 billion from biotech sector by 2015 - May 04, 2011
- BGR Energy's profit jumps 54 percent - Jan 30, 2010