BGR Energy inks technology transfer pact with Italian firmDecember 22nd, 2008 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 22 (IANS) City-based Rs.15.25-billion BGR Energy Systems Ltd has inked a technology transfer agreement with Italian firm TME SpA Termomeccanica Ecologia (TME), the company announced Monday.As per the agreement, the $235-million Italian environment and industrial engineering company would provide the technical know-how to BGR Energy to build condensate polishing plants that are used in power projects.
The condensate polisher is a device installed in plants to remove contaminants from demineralised water to enable its reuse.
BGR expects at least 15 condensate polishing plants to be procured annually by power generation companies.
As of now, Driplex Water is perhaps the only company which has been supplying such plants in Indian market.
BGR Energy has recently signed credit agreements to the tune of Rs.21.05 billion (Rs.2,105 crore) with five banks to finance its 1×600 MW Mettur power project in Tamil Nadu.
State Bank of India (Rs.5.25 billion), Vijaya Bank and Punjab National Bank (Rs.2.5 billion each), Indian Overseas Bank (Rs.5.80 billion) and State Bank of Patiala (Rs.5 billion) would provide the amount.
- Hitachi to form new JV in India - Sep 27, 2011
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- BGR Energy cuts capex for JVs with Hitachi - Aug 09, 2012
- BGR-Hitachi power equipment plants to go on stream in 2013 - Sep 16, 2011
- BGR Energy partners with Hitachi for power equipment - Aug 06, 2010
- BGR Energy bags Rs.2,168 crore order - Oct 25, 2010
- BGR Energy lowest bidder for NTPC's mega tender - Sep 15, 2011
- Tie-up with Foster Wheeler on track: BGR Energy - Jan 07, 2010
- BGR Energy bags order for two 300 MW power plants - Nov 17, 2011
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Windfall for Tamil Nadu power equipment makers - Sep 18, 2011
- BGR Energy denies any malpractice in securing loan - Nov 25, 2010
- Italy to invest 2 bn euros in Serbian energy projects - Oct 27, 2011
- Hitachi to build power control systems in India - Mar 23, 2012
- Delhiites can soon sell solar power to distribution companies(June 5 is World Environment Day) - Jun 05, 2011