Betrayed in love, undertrial hangs himself in jailApril 27th, 2012 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, April 27 (IANS) In yet another case of suicide in Gurgaon, an undertrial prisoner at Bhondsi prison in the district allegedly hung himself to death in the early hours of Friday, police said.
According to police sources, Praveen Sharma of Deoria in Uttar Pradesh was being tried in a rape and abduction case.
However, according to the family members of the deceased, Praveen was in love with a Gurgaon-based girl.
“The girl had eloped with him. But after returning home, she lodged a complaint of rape and abduction against Praveen due to pressure from her family,” they maintained.
Praveen’s father Ramakant Sharma said it was due to this that his son took the extreme step.
The Bhondsi jail superintendent Friday informed the Gurgaon police that the body of the under-trial prisoner was found hanging in a prison bathroom. He reportedly used his blanket for the purpose.
The police has registered a case and investigations are on.
- BSF trooper found hanging in training campus - Mar 26, 2012
- Two murders convicts escape from Gurgaon jail - Sep 01, 2012
- Arrested for murder, Bihar girl raped in custody - Aug 24, 2011
- 16-year-old girl in Rajasthan alleges gang rape - Jun 29, 2012
- Chhattisgarh peace process with Maoists hangs in balance - Jun 06, 2012
- Undertrial commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh prison - Sep 20, 2011
- Girl kills herself after gangrape, police in denial mode - Mar 22, 2011
- Jail warden held for providing mobiles to inmates - May 06, 2012
- Haryana couple shot by girl's family, critical - Jun 08, 2012
- Youth murdered by ex-lover's father - Jan 26, 2012
- NGO head detained, son arrested for rape - Jan 19, 2012
- Undertrial dies in Uttar Pradesh prison - Oct 30, 2011
- Teenager abducted, gangraped in Gurgaon - May 10, 2012
- Satyawati College student hangs self in classroom - Feb 04, 2011
- Girl found dead in police station was not murdered: Police - Jun 12, 2011