Betis to tour China for first timeMay 8th, 2012 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, May 8 (IANS) Spanish La Liga football club Betis will tour China for the first time this summer.
Club President Miguel Guillen explained that the club’s first trip to Asia will see them play English Premier League outfit Fulham in the I Nanning Tournament and that the club also has a game programmed against Chinese side Shenzhen Ruby, Xinhua reported.
“This is a very important step forward for us, not just from an economic point of view, but also from a question of marketing an communication and in getting out name known in Asia,” explained Guilen.
“Our project in Asia is medium to long term and Betis is opening up to Asia with a sporting, economic and educational project. This is much more than going to play a friendly game. Both the governor and the organiser have received Real Betis with maximum honour,” said the club President.
Betis will not be the only Spanish side to visit China this summer, given that Villarreal will also be carrying out part of their pre-season training in the country, which they have previously visited on two occasions.
Monday also saw another Spanish side, Valencia, sign an extension to the club’s shirt sponsorship deal with Chinese solar power company, Jinko Solar, who already sponsored the club’s shirts in the second half of the current season in which the club has assured a third place finish behind Real Madrid and FC Barcelona.
- China's social networking site extends sponsorship deal with Villarreal - Apr 11, 2012
- Struggling Betis coach receives club's vote of confidence - Dec 06, 2011
- Spanish clubs firm on fairer share of TV rights money - Sep 09, 2011
- Villarreal name Lotina as new coach - Mar 20, 2012
- Sevilla sack coach Marcelino - Feb 07, 2012
- Villarreal sacks coach Molina - Mar 19, 2012
- Atletico confirm coach Manzano's sacking - Dec 23, 2011
- Essien late arrival but little cash spent in Spain - Sep 01, 2012
- Di Maria's hamstring injury a blow to Real Madrid - Nov 07, 2011
- Real Betis go top in La Liga - Sep 23, 2011
- Messi back from India to resume Spanish liga action - Sep 09, 2011
- Del Bosque hints at taking uncapped players to Euro 2012 - May 16, 2012
- Crucial weekend for Madrid, Barca in La Liga - Feb 10, 2012
- Real Madrid look to comeback after El Classico defeat - Dec 12, 2011
- Spanish Supercup to be held in China - Jun 02, 2012