Betel shop owner murdered in DelhiApril 4th, 2008 - 8:46 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) A betel shop owner Friday succumbed to head injuries while two others are recuperating at a city hospital after four youths attacked them with iron rods in west Delhi, the police said Friday. The incident occurred late Wednesday when 22-year-old Sarvesh Kumar, who runs a betel shop in Krishna Nagar colony in Tilak Nagar area, and his two friends Brijesh Kumar, 25, and Inderjeet, 46, were sitting at Kumar’s shop.
The police said Pradeep Kumar, Deepak Kumar and their two other friends came to Kumar’s shop in an inebriated state and sough to buy cigarettes. They said they would pay for the cigarettes later.
Kumar declined and asked them to clear previous dues, which infuriated the four. After a heated exchange, scuffle broke out between them.
The assailants attacked the shop owner and his friends with iron rods. They also smashed bottles on their heads. The assailants then fled from the spot.
The victims were admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital where Sarvesh Kumar succumbed to his injuries Friday. His friends are stated to be recovering.
The police said Deepak and Pradeep have been arrested and search was on to arrest the other two attackers.
“We have registered a murder case,” said a police official.
- Murderous attack on senior UP official at his office - Jul 06, 2012
- Son kills mother, parents stabbed in rage - Mar 13, 2011
- Two killed as bikers torch shop - Jan 28, 2012
- Son of a jeweller killed, ornaments stolen in Delhi - Apr 26, 2010
- Drunk father stabs son to death - May 24, 2012
- Eight arrested for thrashing Delhi hotel official - Feb 25, 2012
- Man shot at for opposing girl's harassment - Dec 04, 2011
- Eight arrested for thrashing Delhi hotel official (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- 25-year-old man beaten to death in Delhi - Nov 16, 2009
- Couple shot dead in Haryana city, attacker arrested (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Man burnt as hot oil thrown on him - Jul 11, 2010
- Mumbai's molestor-killers sent to judicial custody - Nov 04, 2011
- Two of a family killed, five injured in Ghaziabad - Sep 08, 2010
- Four held for robbery in Delhi - Jan 22, 2011
- Couple shot dead in Haryana city, attacker arrested (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011