Best of northeastern culture on show in DelhiOctober 10th, 2008 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Oct 10 (IANS) A seminar-cum-exhibition titled ‘Spirit of Northeast’ will be held in New Delhi next month to highlight the region’s traditions and culture, officials said here Friday.The 10-day-long event beginning Nov 19 is being organised by the New Delhi-based Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA).
“The ‘Spirit of Northeast’ would showcase the varied arts, culture, customs, food habits, dress, musical instruments, and rituals,” said Tripura Information Minister Anil Sarkar.
The ideals of Srimanta Shankaradeva, a 16th century Vaisnav saint reformer in Assam, would be highlighted at the event.
- Shot in arm for roots theatre of northeast (With Images) - Apr 06, 2011
- Cultural fest to bring northeast India, Southeast Asia closer - Feb 25, 2010
- Northeastern states stage a cultural festival - Feb 27, 2010
- NSD to set up centre in Agartala - Oct 19, 2011
- Lalit Kala Akademi to reach out to northeast - Feb 02, 2012
- UGC-sponsored music lab launched in northeast - May 10, 2012
- Manipur theatrical societies promote Northeast's theatre - Apr 22, 2011
- Northeast needs more government initiatives: Tripura chief minister - Sep 24, 2011
- Odisha festival in Tripura to commemorate 'Utkal Divas' - Apr 01, 2012
- Assamese community celebrates Bihu in Delhi - Apr 14, 2010
- Tripura's royal palaces to be turned into musuems - Jun 26, 2012
- US wants better India-Bangladesh economic ties - Apr 24, 2012
- Northeast India's ancient theatre comes to capital (With Image) - Apr 01, 2011
- NSD reaches out to northeast for unearthing talent - Nov 18, 2011
- Tripura people safe in Karnataka, other states, says Manik Sarkar - Aug 20, 2012