Berlusconi trial: Ruby ‘can’t wait’ to tell her storyMay 21st, 2011 - 12:31 pm ICT by IANS
Milan, May 21 (IANS/AKI) The Moroccan teenager at the centre of a sex scandal involving Italy’s billionaire Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi says she’s “can’t wait” to tell her version of events when she testifies in a Milan courtroom at the end of this month.
“I can’t wait to appear in court, seeing that journalists won’t listen to me,” said exotic dancer Karima El Mahroug, better known by her stage name Ruby the Heart Stealer.
El Mahroug, 18, made her comments after being spotted by reporters in Milan.
Berlusconi is standing trial in Milan for allegedly paying El Mahroug to have sex last year when she was a minor. While paying for sex in the country is not illegal, it becomes a crime when the prostitute is below 18 years of age. El Mahroug was 17 when the alleged crime took place.
El Mahroug says she never had sex with the 74-year-old politician. Berlusconi - also accused of abuse of office for using his position as prime minister to try to cover up the suspected crime - denies any wrongdoing.
- Italian PM's sex trial adjourned - Apr 06, 2011
- 'Berlusconi had sex with underage Moroccan 13 times' - Mar 16, 2011
- Woman at centre of Berlusconi sex scandal set to marry - Mar 04, 2011
- Italy bars TV cameras from Berlusconi's 'Ruby' trial - Apr 01, 2011
- Prosecutors may widen Berlusconi sex probe - Feb 08, 2011
- Prosecutors to request Berlusconi trial over 'Rubygate' - Feb 09, 2011
- Ruby the heart stealer gives birth to girl - Dec 21, 2011
- Italian model says Ruby offered him 4,000 euros for sex - Jun 16, 2012
- Ruby's haste to wed boyfriend riles Catholic Church - Apr 28, 2011
- Berlusconi says he isn't worried about upcoming sex trial - Feb 17, 2011
- Berlusconi to write memoir on his private life - Aug 24, 2011
- Berlusconi offered me bribe to alter belly dancer's birth certificate: Moroccan official - Mar 11, 2011
- Berlusconi had 13 'sexual acts' with under age hooker 'Ruby the Heart Stealer' - Mar 16, 2011
- Berlusconi's wiretapped conversations released ahead of trial - Apr 06, 2011
- Berlusconi faces witness manipulating charges - Apr 20, 2012