Benzema to be out of action with groin injuryFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 5:22 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Feb 23 (IANS) Real Madrid will be without French striker Karim Benzema for around three weeks after he picked up a groin injury in his side’s 1-1 draw away to CSKA Moscow in the Champions League Tuesday.
Benzema lasted just 12 minutes of the game before being replaced by Gonzalo Higuain. He suffered the injury while taking a shot at the CSKA goal and immediately went down asking for assistance.
Tests in Madrid Wednesday confirmed he has a slight tear in his groin that will need around three weeks to heal.
That means he will miss Madrid’s next two league games, which are away to Rayo Vallecano and at home to Espanyol, as well as the Champions League return leg against CSKA, Xinhua reports.
Benzema will also be unable to play for France in their friendly game against Germany Feb 29.
- Real Madrid's assistant coach lauds Higuain after his double strike - Mar 05, 2012
- Groin injury makes Benzema doubtful for Espanyol clash - Sep 30, 2011
- Real Madrid book place in last eight of Champions League - Mar 15, 2012
- Higuain delighted with second consecutive hat-trick - Oct 16, 2011
- Mourinho: Liga is priority - Mar 15, 2012
- No competition with Higuain, says Benzema - Oct 19, 2011
- Easy win for Real Madrid against 10-man Racing - Feb 19, 2012
- Barca crush Atletico, Real thrash Rayo - Sep 25, 2011
- Injury-troubled Real Madrid to take on Espanyol - Mar 03, 2012
- Real Madrid face Valencia test in La Liga - Nov 18, 2011
- Real Madrid crush Ajax in Champions League - Sep 28, 2011
- Barcelona beat Sporting Gijon to top Spanish League - Oct 03, 2011
- Real Madrid on brink of La Liga title - Apr 30, 2012
- Real Madrid romp to victory in Champions League - Nov 23, 2011
- Real Madrid prepare to take on Ajax in Champions League - Sep 26, 2011