Bengal to monitor investment proposals in a better mannerOctober 15th, 2011 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 15 (IANS) The West Bengal government is all set to monitor investment proposals in a better manner as it will ask the prospective investors to submit an eight-point check list with their applications for setting up industries in the state.
“The prospective investors will be requested to submit an eight-point check list with their applications for setting up industry in the state. It will help us to keep track of the progress of the clearance, timely implementation and financial status of the project,” state Industry and Commerce Minister Partha Chatterjee said at a programme organised by Assocham here Saturday.
“The eight-point check list consists of details of project type, balance sheet of past three years, financial disclosures, entire investment plans, including the phases of investments, the date completion of project, volume of the land required, requirement from the government and human resource necessity,” he said.
Highlighting the prospect of the state, Additional Chief Secretary, Commerce and Industries Department, Dipankar Mukhoppadhyay said: “With its congenial investment climate the state has received Rs.2,000 crore proposal in the last four months.”
Meanwhile, ‘Shilpa Sathi’, a single-window system for easing up procedural formalities in investment proposals in the state, was made operational from Saturday.
To assist the investors in setting up industries in the state, the Mamata Banerjee-led government earlier launched the initiative where an investor can submit a “Common Application Form” in the single window cell at the West Bengl Industrial Development Corporation Limited (WBIDC) office in the city.
Initially, in phase-I, the facility of ‘Shilpa Sathi’ will be available to investors, who want to set up medium and large industries in Kolkata, Howrah, Hooghly, South 24 Parganas and North 24 Parganas districts.
- UP sets 15-day deadline to clear files of investors - Jun 15, 2012
- Bengal moves to recover WBIDC loans - Aug 07, 2012
- Kerala promises single window clearance to lure investors - Apr 21, 2012
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- Kerala woos prospective investors from Karnataka - Jul 20, 2012
- Bengal inks land lease pacts with seven firms - Apr 18, 2012
- West Bengal government to provide land for industries - Jun 12, 2012
- Chandy invites India Inc to invest in Kerala - May 14, 2012
- Karnataka eyes big ticket investments from global firms - Jun 02, 2010
- Dream of affordable homes gathers dust in Maharashtra - Apr 25, 2012
- West Bengal woos start-ups with simpler procedures - Sep 23, 2011
- Railway budget highlights - Feb 25, 2011
- Railway budget highlights - 3 - Feb 25, 2011
- JSW Steel's Salboni project to 'restart' in August: Bengal minister - Jul 25, 2012
- Karnataka unveils new policies to boost ICT, hardware - Jun 20, 2011