Bengal to give funds to sport, youth clubsOctober 9th, 2011 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 8 (IANS) The West Bengal government Saturday announced grant of Rs.1 crore each to the three big soccer clubs of the city. Besides, the government will give Rs.2 lakh each to 1,200 other youth clubs across the state.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said here that East Bengal, Mohun Bagan and Mohammedan Sporting clubs will be given Rs.1 crore each for development.
“We will also give Rs.2 lakh each to 1,200 other clubs of youths. These clubs spread over 200 assembly constituencies will be chosen as per recommendations of the local assembly members,” Banerjee said.
The chief minister said the 1,200 clubs will be given assistance in phases for purchasing various equipment. “This year we will give grants to 200 clubs.”
- Mamata made Mohun Bagan's honorary life member - Jul 29, 2011
- Mamata regrets country's poor soccer standards (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- Kolkata to fight juvenile crime through football - Jun 30, 2011
- Soccer legend Sailen Manna dead (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Bagan's 1911 Shield triumph to become part of school texts - Apr 10, 2012
- Four Maoists surrender before Mamata - Jan 12, 2012
- European clubs sell dreams to Indian footballers - May 08, 2011
- Darjeeling bridge collapse: Rs.2 lakh for victims' kin - Oct 23, 2011
- No let up in Congress-Trinamool war of words (Newsletter from Bengal) - Feb 11, 2012
- West Bengal to give stipend to new lawyers - Apr 02, 2012
- P.K.Banerjee to be conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna - Jul 07, 2011
- Sourav brand ambassador for Mohammedan Sporting cup - Oct 20, 2010
- Mohun Bagan remembers 1911 IFA Shield win - Jul 30, 2010
- All bridges in Darjeeling will be checked: Mamata - Oct 23, 2011
- Federation Cup: Wahingdoh shock Mohun Bagan - Sep 18, 2011
Tags: 1 crore, assembly constituencies, assembly members, chief minister, east bengal, grants, mamata banerjee, mohammedan, mohun bagan, rs 1, rs 2, soccer clubs, sporting clubs, state chief, west bengal government, youth clubs