Bengal teenager who fell into well brought out deadJune 25th, 2012 - 5:05 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 25 (IANS) A teenage boy who fell into an open 30-feet-deep well in West Bengal’s Howrah district Sunday noon was brought out dead early Monday following ten-and-a-half hour rescue efforts, officials said.
He fell into the well around the same time when Mahi, the little girl in Haryana’s Manesar town, was brought out dead from a 70-feet deep tubewell after about 90 hours.
The 17-year-old Roshan’s lifeless body was pulled out from the well in Liluah town’s Eksara area by local divers around 2.30 a.m. Monday.
He had slipped and fallen into the well around 4 p.m. Sunday while trying to draw water, a witness said.
Personnel of the Disaster Management Group, fire brigade and police made frantic efforts to rescue Roshan, but all efforts proved futile as they couldn’t save him.
The Disaster Management Group men, who reached the spot with gas masks around 9 p.m., could not enter the well which had lot of toxic gases.
Around 9 p.m. a diver went into the well but came out unsuccessful. Later around 2.30 a.m. two local individuals, adept at entering wells, went in with the help of ropes after the body’s position was located with cameras.
They finally managed to pull out the body with the help of ropes tied around Roshan’s body. The body has been sent for post mortem.
- Teenager falls into Bengal well (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Teenager falls into well in West Bengal - Jun 24, 2012
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- 10 killed in road accident - Aug 12, 2011
- Disabled man rescues girl from well - Dec 29, 2011
- Toll in Uttar Pradesh accident 69, 23 yet to be identified - Jul 11, 2011
- Leopard rescued after six hours from well - Feb 08, 2011
- Toxic gases kill four in Rajasthan well - Jun 17, 2012
- Assam puts ferry tragedy toll at 63 (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Rescue operations still on for baby in borewell - Jun 22, 2012
- Mahi trapped in borewell not responding to calls (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Four-year-old falls in borewell in Haryana - Jun 21, 2012
- 3 die, scores missing after Nepal boat capsize - Aug 25, 2012
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
Tags: disaster management, early monday, fire brigade, frantic efforts, gas masks, group men, haryana, howrah district, kolkata, lifeless body, management group, manesar, post mortem, rescue efforts, roshan, sunday noon, teenage boy, toxic gases, tubewell, west bengal