Bengal student kills herself after being punishedJuly 27th, 2012 - 12:13 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 26 (IANS) A school student in West Bengal’s Howrah district allegedly committed suicide by jumping to her death from the institution’s roof after she was pulled up for chatting with her classmates during an examination Thursday.
The 11-year-old class 6 student of St Dominique Savio School was slapped by the teacher, who then took away her answer script and asked the girl to stand outside the classroom, according to a complaint filed by the victim’s parents against the teacher and school headmaster.
The girl then went up to the roof and took the extreme step, the complaint said.
“The teacher and the school principal have been detained. They are being questioned,” said a police officer.
- Chinese teen ends life over violence - Jul 11, 2012
- Teacher suspended for making students slap each other - Dec 19, 2011
- 'Pranab showed leadership even as a teenager' - Jul 24, 2012
- Minor girl allegedly gangraped in West Bengal - Nov 20, 2010
- Nine Assam school kids caned, government talks tough - Jun 13, 2010
- Class 10 girl commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 15, 2012
- More from Bengal schools: Two girls asked to disrobe - Jul 14, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- Boy, 10, shoots teacher in Brazil before killing self - Sep 24, 2011
- China probes schoolgirl's suicidal jump - Nov 22, 2011
- Teacher thrashes student in Bengal - Aug 20, 2010
- Student barred from exam dies - Sep 03, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Bengal school vice-principal held for caning students - Sep 06, 2012
- Rouvanjit's death hasn't deterred beatings in Bengal schools - Aug 16, 2010