Bengal government employees to get 10 percent more DADecember 7th, 2011 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 7 (IANS) The cash-strapped West Bengal government will give a fresh instalment of ten percent of dearness allowance arrears to its employees from January next year, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced here Wednesday.
“This will entail an additional expenditure of Rs.250 crore per month or Rs.3,000 crore annually,” Banerjee told media persons at the state secretariat, Writers’ Buildings.
Describing it as a “New Year gift” to the state government employees, she regretted that they were now lagging behind their counterparts in the central government by 23 percent as far as DA was concerned.
“Our financial position, thanks to the previous (Left Front) government, is precarious. It has left us burdened with a debt of Rs.2.03 lakh crore. But we will pay all the arrear DAs slowly,” said the chief minister.
In August this year, the new Trinamool Congress-Congress government of Banerjee had announced a three-month freeze on DA payment, citing financial constraints.
- Chidambaram calls for dialogue on Bengal's finances - Jul 06, 2012
- Dasgupta misinformed on Bengal finances: Mitra - Oct 26, 2011
- Himachal announces 6 percent DA for employees - Apr 15, 2011
- No let up in Congress-Trinamool war of words (Newsletter from Bengal) - Feb 11, 2012
- Dhumal government woos its babus with eye on polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 24, 2012
- Striking Meghalaya teachers call off agitation - Oct 19, 2010
- Mamata gives Centre 15-day ultimatum on tax moratorium (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Financial sop for Himachal government employees - Jan 25, 2011
- Another pre-poll sop for over 300,000 'babus' (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- BJP tries to mop up votes with sops (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jul 20, 2012
- Mamata gives 15 days for interest moratorium, Congress downplays ultimatum (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Government employees to get 7 percent additional dearness allowance - Mar 23, 2012
- Dissolve MCD, hold fresh polls: Congress - Jul 07, 2010
- Trinamool MPs to meet PM Tuesday over petrol prices - Nov 07, 2011
- Indian Railways losing steam with freeze on fare hikes - Feb 12, 2012
Tags: arrears, central government, chief minister, congress government, counterparts, crore, financial constraints, financial position, instalment, media persons, new year, position thanks, rs 2, rs 250, secretariat, state government employees, state secretariat, trinamool congress, west bengal government